Author: popcorn

Fellow Chinese, look at what our foreign "friends" describe our dear China ??? [Copy link] 中文

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-3 13:35:09 |Display all floors

sorry i think i was too emotional

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-3 13:40:56 |Display all floors

Criticism of China?

Popcorn,

Western citizens are just as critical of themselves and one another's countries as they are of China.

One of the key qualities of the West is dispersed power structures as opposed to the unitary leadership of the Middle Kingdom. We find that the competition among Western Nations, in politics, scientific research, in philosophies, enriches all of us: It challenges us to grow and improve. It is called 'feedback".

I have the utmost respect for China and the Chinese people. You have come so far since the disasterous Cultual Revolution and The Great Leap Forward.

You have further to go, but so do we all. The biggest problem facing China today is how to harness the energies and intelligence of its very intelligent and hard working people. When, and if, these are properly cultivated, China and its population will become the leading nation/peoples on the planet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-3 13:57:18 |Display all floors

Criticism of China?

Popcorn,

Western citizens are just as critical of themselves and one another's countries as they are of China.

One of the key qualities of the West is dispersed power structures as opposed to the unitary leadership of the Middle Kingdom. We find that the competition among Western Nations, in politics, scientific research, in philosophies, enriches all of us: It challenges us to grow and improve. It is called 'feedback".

I have the utmost respect for China and the Chinese people. You have come so far since the disasterous Cultual Revolution and The Great Leap Forward.

You have further to go, but so do we all. The biggest problem facing China today is how to harness the energies and intelligence of its very intelligent and hard working people. When, and if, these are properly cultivated, China and its population will become the leading nation/peoples on the planet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-3 13:57:33 |Display all floors

Criticism of China?

Popcorn,

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-3 22:21:37 |Display all floors

ridiculous

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-3 23:10:54 |Display all floors

bchung, you need to be careful about where your mind is headed ...

i can see that you are started out on a road that will lead you towards anti-devil territory.  your bad experiences in england, plus your too sensitive national pride make you prejudiced.

that leads you to compare the british empire to nazi germany, for example.  you think british colonial crimes are comparable to what nazi germany did?  stop making such ludicrous claims.  you need to analyze your own arguments and not over-stretch what you are saying.  you have some good points, such as that westerners may not have an accurate view of what is happening inside china, but you discredit yourself when you overstretch your arguments.  

you will do better as a debater if you recognize the other person's valid claims while emphasizing your own most important points.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 06:55:21 |Display all floors

Seneca:

No offense. in my eyes, foreign people mean those living out of china  and non-chinese citizens. foreign people are just the same as  non-chinese called me chinese . Pls don't be sensitive to this.
Still i said:
people having been to china have the different opinion from those having never been. Also people having been to China for one month have the different opinion from those for one year.
here is also the answer i replied :

One thing advantageous to me is that i read both news from China and other countries, and also i know both chinese language and English which help me understand and respect more among different countries.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.