Author: popcorn

Fellow Chinese, look at what our foreign "friends" describe our dear China ??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-30 11:53:51 |Display all floors

as you kown,

No country will make a dent on us if our GDP gross volume increases 4 times or more as it is now. So when it comes down to earth,what still matters is our economy and the betterment of lives of our people. And I have no doubt to say  those people who used to make big fuss of our Human Rights record, will find out that our land will be one of the most respected and livable place on this planet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 13:37:20 |Display all floors

Friends can be for real too

There is neither anger nor is there jealousy in America towards China and the Chinese people. China's role in the world's political stage has been significant and growing since the early 1970's when then President Nixon became the first major western leader to recognize and visit the Peoples Republic.  American International relations, believe it or not, is based on friendship and open trading partners. How controversial it was when China was granted what we call a "most favored nation" status as a tradiing partner opening our doors to all  of Chinas products. France for one does not have such free trade policies, nor does the rest of the European Union. Why does America want genuinely to be friends and trade partners with China yet why does America sometimes point out shortcomings in Chinas or other nations policies on personal freedom? Because we Americans love freedom. We welcome all peoples to our shores and have a genuine love of freedom and acheivement.  You will hear American audiences cheer loudly for your athletes in International competitions. You will see America buy your products, sell you our very best  goods and technologies, and travell gnerously to your beautiful nation.  Please, those who either fear America or doubt its peoples goodwill give me an example of this mistrust. We have allied with China against common enemies. We have supported the just return of your lands. Have we in our history sought to expand our nation even over  a conquered foe?  Never. Our goal is world peace not world domination. Enjoy your well earned prosperity China, and be great as America has by trying (and not perfectly) to be just, and to be generous with wealth. Creating wealth you will find, is not hard. What is hard is sharing and distributing it to the vast people of your nation and the world.  All the best to our Chinese friends. We mean you well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 14:53:59 |Display all floors

re

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 15:52:40 |Display all floors

re bobbyt:we're friends!

Dear bobbyt, thank you for your understanding and sincere emotion to our Chinese. I do believe that most of Americans show goodwill to our Chinese. And we deeply appreciate your president definitely expressed the opposition to Taiwan’s independence and the so-called “defensive referendum” finally. Chinese people have been earnestly long for the return of Taiwan. But some people always violate the strong wish of Chinese people including the mainland and Taiwan, constantly take a series of actions challenging the one-China principle and jeopardizing Sino-US relations. Our goal is also world peace, likewise trying our best to peacefully solve the Taiwan question. That’s our firm standpoint. And we need your supports! Thanks a lot! Best wishes to our American friends!
Yours sincerely,
flora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 16:06:32 |Display all floors

re popcorn:they're ignorant!

They’re ignorant! What they had heared of china were not absolutely factual. What they had seen were merely tiny part of our society. May I ask which country were perfect?!! If you can’t be a good man ,don’t force others to be! If they want to know the truth whether china is as what they libeled, please personally come to china to prove it;otherwise they are unqualified to say anything! If not please shut up and stop trumping up rumors!
Popcorn, just as you said, we fellow Chinese must let the world hear our voice! Tell them the truth!
What website had you got these post?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 20:08:11 |Display all floors

Hi,popcorn,I personally think whether they are ignorant or we are ignorant about

I am very curious about what those French and Amercian people are saying on our h.uman rights issue.Did they find the new evidence about the h.uman r.ights abuses in our country or they have been mistaken?

I would like to listen to what their accusatoins are. If they are false accusation, the 'truth' we got from our own government can stand by herself. If only she is the truth, she has nothing to fear from the conflict unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate, errors ceasing to be dangerous when she is permitted freely to contradict them.

Thomas Jefferson was right:
''Difference of opinion leads to enquiry, and enquiry to truth. ''

Before we draw a conclusion that those French ,American or German...are wrong and start to educate them, we need to make enquiry to our government and if possible, carry out some investigation so that we can be sure we are on the side of the 'truth'.

By the way, I'd like to share a quote of Eric Hoffer with you :

''To most of us nothing is so invisible as an unpleasant truth. Though it is held before our eyes, pushed under our noses, rammed down our throats- we know it not. ''

I hope we can refrain from making the same mistake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-30 21:47:07 |Display all floors

Hello!

You are right as far as you go, however, don't you realize that the whole world is not like this?  I am a Canadian-born Caucasian, and tho' I haven't been to China, I have always had a lot of respect for it and it's people.  I have many Chinese friends and I would give up my life to protect them.  If you don't generalize but be specific, you will find a whole lot of wonderful friends around the world.  I hope this is helpful to you.
Anthony

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.