Views: 36630|Replies: 53

Hong Kong's Discrimination Against Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-5 20:06:26 |Display all floors
I hate to say this but as much as I like Hong Kong as a city, their visa policy is highly discriminatory against the maindland Chinese and Chinese residents in Taiwan.

Citizens of the following poor third-world countries don't need entry visas to go to HK: (it's basically a list of countries well known for poverty and terrorist activities)

ALGERIA
BANGLADESH
BENIN
BHUTAN
BOLIVIA
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
BOTSWANA
BULGARIA
BURKINA FASO
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
CHAD
COLOMBIA
COMOROS
CONGO (REPUBLIC OF)
DJIBOUTI
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
ECUADOR
EGYPT
GABON
GAMBIA
GHANA
GUATEMALA
GUINEA
GUINEA-BISSAU
GUYANA
HAITI
INDIA
INDONESIA
JAMAICA
KENYA
KIRIBATI
LESOTHO
MACEDONIA
MADAGASCAR
MALAWI
MALAYSIA
MALI
MALTA
MARSHALL ISLANDS (REPUBLIC OF)
MAURITIUS
MICRONESIA (FEDERATED STATES OF)
MONGOLIA
MOROCCO
MOZAMBIQUE
NAMIBIA
NAURU
NIGER
OMAN
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
PARAGUAY
PERU
PHILIPPINES
POLAND
QATAR
ROMANIA
RWANDA
SAMOA (WESTERN)
SAUDI ARABIA
SOUTH AFRICA
SURINAME
SWAZILAND
TANZANIA
THAILAND
THE SOUTH GEORGIA AND THE SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS
THE SOVEREIGN BASE AREAS OF AKROTIRI AND DHEKELIA
TOGO
TONGA
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TUNISIA
TURKEY
TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
TUVALU
UGANDA
URUGUAY
VANUATU
YEMEN (REPUBLIC OF)
ZAMBIA
ZIMBABWE

BUT, mainland Chinese and Chinese residents in Taiwan need visas and may only stay for up to 14 days per visit. SERIOUSLY, WHAT KIND OF BULLCRAP IS THIS??? How can the Chinese government even allow this to happen? Why is it that these Africans and Filipinos can enter China's territory freely when Chinese citizens themselves have to go through the painstaking bureaucratic process of applying for a visa?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-5 20:28:12 |Display all floors

puzzled

Does a mainland Chinese or Chinese in Taiwan pose a greater immigration and social threat to HK than the possible militia leader from Central Africa, orphanted teenage kids from Romania, suicide bomber from Egypt, muslim splittist in southern Thailand, famine-devasted refugees from Niger, coca plant owners from Colombia, etc and etc....

Discrimination against the Chinese anyone?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-5 20:45:09 |Display all floors

Yes...I do believe it does

"Does a mainland Chinese or Chinese in Taiwan pose a greater immigration and social threat to HK...??

Could you imagine what would happen if millions and millions of Chinese from the mainland decided to move to Taiwan? It would be an invasion. He could turn the government upside down. Taiwan would have to come to mainland China for help.

Hmmmm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-6 09:22:53 |Display all floors

haha...

An "Asian Invasion"

Sorry, I know they say that a lot, but it would be true.  I remember hearing from my mom that apparently people from HKG look down upon "Dai-Luk-Yun"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-6 13:23:49 |Display all floors

Kaninia, wash your mouth lar! What Malaysia is "third world"!!!!!!

How insulting!

Tell you some reasons why most of those nations are on better visa terms....it is mainly economic..oh numbnuts twchinese!!!!!

how many Africans do you know can afford to FLY INTO HONG KONG and stay in its HOTELS......no need to do anything, those buggers cannot afford to come. or can speak English or Cantonese!!!!

Malaysia, Singapore - those have traditional ties with us...you know HUNG HING, and TUNG SING..ha ha ha ha ha.....and large large trading between us.

As for China, the main reason must be CHINESE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT, they want the MAINLAND CHINESE TO GO AND LEARN FROM HONG KONG during visits but not to stay there and flood China...

aiyoh, only MORONs will feel angry being called "Dai Luk Chai", the call us in Malaysia, even Chinese "Malai chai" - even if we can also speak Cantonese!

Please try harder, Mr. TwChinese....

as for Taiwanese, it is not to offend the "BIG BROTHER" in Beijing of unfair treatment as both are Chinese!!!!

Actually when i visit Hong Kong, they give me 3 month visa automatically....i could find a job...and after 2 years get a permenant residence!

ha ha

Cheerios!

Game Master
Lord of the code.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-6 13:46:26 |Display all floors

huh

What a usless post and a bunch of worthless replies.

iluv2fish, China and Taiwan are not your American problem....plz don't offer us ur insolence nor arrogance. We have our oriental wisdom already.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-7 03:36:49 |Display all floors

dai-luk

So HK would rather be flooded with the Filipino maids, Thai construction workers, Indonesian and Malaysian muslim extremists than hard working people from the mainland.

And yes, Malaysia has nothing but a Petronas tower, which was funded, designed, and managed by European people. It is not a Chinese achievement as is the Taipei101. Malaysia, undoubtedly, is a third-world country, if not an anti-Chinese muslim state. Crossing that bridge into Singapore, you see a stark contrast of what the Chinese people are able to achieve in comparison to the Malays.

HK is basically a foreign butt kisser. I can't wait till Taiwan and China establish direct links because by then 20 thousand HK people will lose their jobs - something they deserve for their discriminatory treatment against Chinese people in the mainland and Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.