Author: grace_meng

A good idea to educate young generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-19 07:27:00 |Display all floors

I have two predictions about this game

1. It will not sell outside of China because the graphics are very poor (if the screenshot is accurate).

2. 90%+ of the players will be male.

Make what you will of #2.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-24 15:27:40 |Display all floors

a good idea

a good idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-25 11:20:13 |Display all floors

Maybe you are right.but...

Politics is politics,life is life.Maybe you are right,but the reality is that Japanese did invade us and left us an awful memory!I am sure most Chinese will nenver forget this history.Unless Japanese express correct attitude towards the history,they will never be good in our heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-25 11:52:35 |Display all floors

Re: Maybe you are right.but...

oceans wrote: "olitics is politics,life is life.Maybe you are right,but the reality is that Japanese did invade us and left us an awful memory!I am sure most Chinese will nenver forget this history.Unless Japanese express correct attitude towards the history,they will never be good in our heart."

http://smh.com.au/news/World/Koizumi-to-China-sorry-for-the-pain/2005/04/22/1114152324661.html

"In the past, Japan, through its colonial rule and aggression, caused tremendous damage and suffering to the people of many countries, particularly to those of Asian nations," Mr Koizumi said during the opening of the Asia-Africa Summit.

·1972 The prime minister, Kakuei Tanaka, says the Japanese are "keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people".

·1992 Emperor Akihito becomes the first Japanese monarch to visit China and says he "deplored" the sufferings brought upon China by Japan, but offers no apology.

·1995 The prime minister, Tomiichi Murayama, expresses "feelings of deep remorse" and a "heartfelt apology" for the "tremendous damage and suffering" Japan caused, particularly to Asian nations.

·1998 The prime minister, Keizo Obuchi, says Japan is "keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious distress and damage that Japan caused to the Chinese people".

·2001 The Prime Minister, Junichiro Koizumi, issues a "heartfelt apology and condolences for those Chinese people who were the victims of aggression".

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0805/251925.html

"Our country has caused great damages and pain to people in many countries, especially our Asian neighbors, through colonization and invasion," Koizumi said in a statement. At a ceremony shortly thereafter, Koizumi and Emperor Akihito - son of wartime Emperor Hirohito - bowed before an alter of chrysanthemums at a nationally televised service for the nation's estimated 3 million war dead.

----------------

So, no more than FIVE of Japan's latest prime ministers have at SIX occasions expressed their apologies for the war crimes in China and other places. Maybe your government hasn't told you this?

What more do you want? Them to kow-tow, bend over, grab their ankles and wait for you? The 63-year old prime minister of Japan was three years old when Japan surrenderd in WWII...

Furthermore, you should be very careful expressing stuff such as "correct attitude towards the history", because China above all nations have a severe problems with its attitude toward history. This is proven by the c*ensor_sh*p that is carried out on this very forum as soon as one tries to discuss recent (and even remote in time) historical events in this country.

You need to open your eyes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-26 05:34:26 |Display all floors

liangzai is right

My friends,

I am American.  Japan attacked us too.  But Japan was defeated.  During that war, our government made them into devils.  We put many into camps because we did not trust them.  But they were American citizens.  After the war, we tried to help them estaqblish free democratic government.  They did so.

Today they are good world citizens.  They not only do not seek war, against the Chinese or anyone, they are drvoted passivists.

To carry on hatred and predjudice from generation to generation is wrong and the result is more world suffering.  I read some anti-American posts here in this place and cringe, that we think of you as friends and you post us as enemies because you don't like some things your government says about us.  How sad.

This says much about the human experience.  I studied world history in college with the intention of teaching it... until I discovered no one cares about the truth.  They only want their nationalistic bigotry to prevail.

Sorry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-26 05:43:59 |Display all floors

my biggest fear

I am sorry for hitting enter after topic, hehehehe

my biggest fear is not that Japan will start a war, but that China will.  In Japan, they talk only of peace.  But in China, they talk constantly of war over Taiwan, Japan...what is this.  Is this a peaceful nation?

Let's learn from the past, not as you say to distrust our neighbors, but that war is not glory.  War is death.  Death of our loved ones and death to nations.

Japan learned this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-26 07:52:10 |Display all floors

Re:A good idea to educate young generation

I think educating the young geneation shouldn't be via pc games,but books!If the young generation wallow in the pc games,they not only lose theire limited time,but also ambitions. We must learn how to constantly strive to become stronger,when our nation becomes stronger,everything would be diffirent:USA wouldn't  ride roughshod over chinese;and the Japanese wouldn't dare to war with us!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.