Author: iancamp

British guy looking for Chinese friends [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-8-12 11:36:20 |Display all floors

hello~

hi,i am from shanghai ,Bonnie~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-13 21:08:54 |Display all floors

nice to write to you

hi brithish buy,this is greeting from ningbo,zhejiang province,a beautiful and busy city.i am a junior in,but i serve my apprenticeship in a foreign catipal.thank you for your interest in chinese.
i am looking forward to hearing from you
you can contact me as below
zjytt111@126.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-14 00:29:53 |Display all floors

Practic make perfect

Hello

Although I am glad to hear that a foreigner is interested in studying my mother tongue, I’m still afraid that I should provide some precautions.

My friend, you have chosen a hard way. Chinese is really very difficult for alien people. In spite of the fact that there are not any strict grammar regulations in Chinese, it has vast characters and their combinations. Meanwhile, there are four different tones of characters in Chinese which sounds to be in particular strange for westerners.

To make the situation worse, there are two distinct written character systems. One is called simplified character system which is mainly used in Chinese Mainland; the other is called traditional character system which is used by people in Taiwan, Hong Kong and overseas Chinese circles.

At the same time, there are various dialects in Chinese language. With the help of a interpreter, Chinese even can’t successfully communicate with one another. As the Beijing and Taipei Government promote the “PuTongHua” or Mandarin which is based on the North dialect, a majority of people from both places can understand it. Even so, they still cannot speak it either. Since most overseas Chinese people come from Guangdong Province and Hong Kong, they speak Cantonese in which there are 9 different tones. Because of the evident distinction between Mandarin and Cantonese, a few linguists even regard the Cantonese as another language.

From above introduction, you can see that in your country most Chinese use traditional character system and speak Cantonese. Consequently, even if you pay amount of endeavour, you may still can’t communicate easily with a Chinese.

If you have some problems during learning Chinese, please contact me. I will do my best to help you.

My email address: songacha@163.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-14 18:16:24 |Display all floors

Hi, I may help you to improve your chinese mardanrin, but I would like you to

help my oral english, I am living in Shenzhen

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-14 20:02:13 |Display all floors

very happy to be a friend with u!

can i make a friend with u?i'm a chinese girl who is in a college in shandong,and i really want to make a friend with a person whose english is good,i'm try my best to help u with chinese ,can u tell me about your e-mail?mine is pengsheng-1986@tom.com..........hope to recieve your reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-15 11:46:36 |Display all floors

Re: I would like to communicate with you

I am a Chinese lady in Chengdu city of southwest China.  I am with a local translation service agancy.  I would like to communicate with you to improve both my English and your Chinese. My msn: myfishinsea@hotmail.com. I am online in daytime from Mon.-Fri.

Nice meeting you here.

Best regards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-15 16:31:53 |Display all floors

hey,ian

hello, new guy!i think u should leave one comment for all. it's easy for ur work and good for u to show ur friendly. my msn:cathy17-007@163.com   hope talk to u soon on there!             peace~                                  *^;^*

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.