Author: angela22

Should DA SHAN be selling stuff on TV? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-24 23:54:56 |Display all floors

why?

because he speaks chinese?  i've yet to meet a girl who likes da shan.  i admire him in the same way that i admire any foreigner who can speak very good chinese but i don't have to like him.  he comes across as a smug git, and he's not the only one on CCTV9.  his 'learning chinese' programme is useless and his adverts are as annoying as hell.

tom santoro is the real knob of CCTV9 though.  thinks he's gods gift just cos he reads the happy propaganda business reports.  a friend witnessed his 'look at me, do you know who i am' behaviour in a beijing club.  if i was the barman he was needlessly abusing i'd have nutted him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-25 12:34:29 |Display all floors

Da Shan

Apart from the TV adverts he represents Canada very well. He is modest and polite. He is well liked by most Chinese. When he started selling that 'thing' I just lost all respect for him. When Chinese people think of Canada, many think of Da Shan. I am not sure he knows what kind of responsibility that is.

And I heard he is having serious money trouble too. Is this true?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.