Author: wchao37

Long-, short-, and medium-term prospects of a Ma Yinjeou administration [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-18 13:32:34 |Display all floors

Don't get too hopeful

It doesn't matter if the DPP or the KMT or the I Love Hello Kitty Party win the next Taiwanese election.

Every opinion polls states clearly that an overwhelming majority of the Taiwanese people will NEVER accept reunification so long as the PRC is an auth.oritar.ian one-par.ty state.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-18 14:32:08 |Display all floors

Hello Clone

<<so long as the PRC is an auth.oritar.ian one-par.ty state>>
How does the mainland's political condition affects the island province?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-18 15:26:40 |Display all floors

Ma Yingjiu wins KMT leadership

My view on Ma's winning the chairmanship is that the KMT will have a stronger candidate and better influence to challenge the DPP in year 2008.

Should the KMT wins the next presidential election, it bodes well for cross-strait relations.

This could mean that the people of mainland could loosen up well over 2010 without having to worry about war in the near future as the island province would remain with the status quo.

It seems to me the party is committed to working toward peaceful development on both sides of the strait.

However, whether or not the island will reunify with the mainland remains to be seen as it depends on the leadership's level of desire to push for return.

Current priority for Ma Yingjiu is to build the party via reforms.

Will he also establish the foundation for future smooth reunification by thwarting "Taiwanization" effort by Japanophile Lee TH and rotten egg Chen SB?

We'll see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-18 17:06:12 |Display all floors

C'est Moi...

I have some questions concerning your attempt to draw parallels between Scotland and Taiwan.

Does Scotland have water between it and England?
What is Scotlands currency?
Does it have an entirely different parliamentary system?
I may be wrong by Taiwan independence makes more sense than Scottish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-18 18:29:26 |Display all floors

admchengho, are you really such a cretin?

Unless the mainland political system changes, the only way there will be reunification is by war. And if the USA stands by its treaty commitments, the PRC is well and truly fucked.

NO political party in Taiwan advocates reunification until there are fundamental political, legal and social reforms on the Mainland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-19 05:45:12 |Display all floors

Have all the heroes and heroines spoken on the topic?

You have 24 hours to give us more of these pearls and gems with which chinadaily.com has become rightfully associated in people's minds across the globe.

After that, you will have to suffer through my two cents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-20 10:04:36 |Display all floors

"Unless the mainland political system changes"

That is sort of what I said before being deleted.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.