Author: bendent

hey come here chinese ppl [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2005-7-2 12:57:17 |Display all floors

The Hollow Man.

luf2004.  It is a pertinent point you have laid out here.

Liangzai the Swede is frank enough in his listing of the good and not so good things Sweden has done over the years. For that I raise my hat to him.

The ' encirclement doctrine ' of the USA around China is manifestly apparent in the Japan- Korea-Australia alliance which is being constructed to contain this rising giant called China. Dubya has called China a ' competitor ' not a partner. The Star War anti-missile-misseles are not picnic lunch items. They are very expensive and has a major purpose of containing an ' enemy'.

Koizumi's continued indulgence in an annual pilgrimage to the Yasukuni shrine to pay homage to the very war criminals who have caused so much grief to her Asian neighbours , is a repeated slapping of our collective face. To ignore this is to submit to serial abuse.

Sweden has a superior living standard. It does not confer any Swede a supremacist attitude to look down on others. Being ' democratic ' may or may not bring peace and justice to a nation. Similarly being baptised does not make a man a good man or a good Christian. China has to follow a political  system which suits the ultimate greater good of the people. Remember that China has an increase of 3 times the whole of your population per year. You do things your way and let us do it ours.

bendent : my second guess is that you are Cantonese and has a grudge against your motherland. I wish you'd learn some decent English to communicate .

Confucius said. " Hollow arguments are worthless as echos."

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2005-7-2 21:42:45 |Display all floors

Re: The Hollow Man.

mengzhi wrote: "You do things your way and let us do it ours."

Gladly. Who are "us"? The Party or the people? Get back to me when you have a clear vote from the people what they really want.

mengzhi wrote: "Sweden has a superior living standard. It does not confer any Swede a supremacist attitude to look down on others."

Right. I am not looking down on others. I am looking down on nationalism. I am looking down on certain political systems. I am looking down on stuff that makes people unfree.

And for the record, I am not very proud of my home country, and I rarely identify myself with that or any other country. I am not a nationalist, and I identify myself with ideas, ideas of universality, of freedom, of pluralism, of progress, of peace.

However, even if I ain't proud of my home country, it would -- as I stated earlier -- be foolish to dismiss a country (however small it may be) that has sucessfully povided its citizens with a good basic life.

But you CAN dismiss what people like Saddam Hussein or Kim Il Jong say, because they are not credible. Likewise, a person from Iraq or North Korea CAN be credible, but only by first distancing themselves from their native regime.

An American might say: "God knows our country has made mistakes in the past, and probably will in the future, and it is clear that the course set out by our current president is a failure by all acounts. However, the American ideas are sound, and they will eventually lead to a throne shift and correct things. My mission is to spread the American ideals of freedom, democracy and the pursuit of happiness blah blah blah", and this person will be very credible.

Likewise, a Chinese might say: "Wo guo has had a shaky history for the last centuries, first by encountering the sea faring nations, discovering they had tools we don't, and later by internal schisms that cost us dearly. We still have a long way to go, and as we are progressing further, we will straighten out our shortcomings one by one. However, we believe the Chinese people are blatantly hurt by the Japanese prime minister's yearly sautes to old war heroes, and we would also like the Japanese to heal our wounds from the past atrocities in Nanjing and other places. Don't get me wrong, the Japanese are our friends, and we respect them for their contributions to our mutual welfare; we anticipate further cooperation with the Japanese in order to make a strong and powerful Asia. We might disagree on things, but on the whole we share some common goals."

This would also be credible and considered nuanced. It is the sort of language diplomats and politicians use, and also businessmen. It doesn't hurt people. It clarifies a viewpoint without throwing a cake in the opponent's face. It is well versed.

Taking to the streets, smashing windows of Japanese companies, wrecking Japanese cars, attacking Japanese civilians, on the other hand, is NOT naunced or well versed. It is barbaric, and it just leads to the opposite of what these protesters want.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2005-7-3 09:50:07 |Display all floors

liangzai

"But you CAN dismiss what people like Saddam Hussein or Kim Il Jong say, because they are not credible. Likewise, a person from Iraq or North Korea CAN be credible, but only by first distancing themselves from their native regime."

You did not answer my question and here you come up with this. Can you explain to me what you want to say by clearer English?

You mean:

1.N Koreans have no credit to criticize Japanese's invasion and killing because Koreans live in a worse regime?
2.Iraqis have no credit to criticize America's invasion and killing because of Saddam Hussein?

Do you hint us Chinese have no credit to criticize Japanese's invasion and massacre because China is a communist regime?

Where did you learn so many weird ideas?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2005-7-3 11:10:54 |Display all floors

Re: liangzai

Read the above arguments just once more, and maybe you will get it. It is crystal clear, and in plain English.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2005-7-3 15:04:21 |Display all floors

liangzai

You call a cover-up as "arguments" and call it crystal clear?

Check a dictionary to find what "argument" mean.

I have watched this thread for two days, what I found from you is only blaming and laughing, the funny part is that your blaming and laughing  based on you fancy logic - you stupid Chinese have worse regime, how can you criticize us - Swedish, Japanese, or Americans?

You call it "argument", and "crystal clear".

How old are you?

liangzai, you have to grow up, and before you've grown up, I strongly recommend you stop presenting your stupidity and ignorance.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2005-7-3 15:50:32 |Display all floors

Re: liangzai

luf2004 wrote: "I have watched this thread for two days, what I found from you is only blaming and laughing, the funny part is that your blaming and laughing based on you fancy logic - you stupid Chinese have worse regime, how can you criticize us - Swedish, Japanese, or Americans?"

Nope. That is not what I said. I said that your critique needs to be nuanced, if anyone is going to listen. If you scream bloody murder about the rape of Nanjing nobody is going to listen, at least not outside China, where it all is seen as government controlled nationalism in order to direct discontent outwards.

Likewise, if you claim the Japanese of today have plans on attacking China or other Asian neighbors, you'd better be prepared to present credible sources for these claims, as anyone outside China will just dismiss the claims as a madman's feverish nonsense or state propaganda.

luf2004 wrote: "How old are you?"

Probably older than you. Have you quit beating your wife?

luf2004 wrote: "liangzai, you have to grow up, and before you've grown up, I strongly recommend you stop presenting your stupidity and ignorance."

Argumentum ad hominem. You will not win a debate by attacking your opponent's person.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2005-7-3 16:05:23 |Display all floors

Reply: Re: liangzai

do you honestly believe this is what you mean in past few posts? or I can't read your type of english?

I never attack anyone, if you think it is a personal attack, it is fine to me. then I have to suggest you live in a green house.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.