Author: matt605

USA federal courts join with real estate developers against homeowners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-6 13:43:39 |Display all floors

mikeghet, flotsam

Mike:

Certification is just something else I consider before hiring a person to manage a building for me.  I want to clarify that certification doesn’t guarantee that the PM will be great, nor does lack of certification guarantee that the PM will be bad.  But if I’m going to turn over the day-to-day PM duties to someone, I want some indication they have done some extra things to separate them from all the other PMs.  Certification is one criterion that I look at to help me make decisions.  

If you are focused mainly on SFR, then CPMs aren’t really ideally suited.  You may want to just hire a real estate agent to help find a tenant and self-manage the property, learn the business part by having a good accountant set up your chart of accounts, and then when you are ready for larger properties, revisiting CPMs may be more timely then.      

flotsam:

You don’t know me, so don’t tell me what I’m basing investment decisions on.  I’m not emotionally attached to the investment real estate, nor the decisions to buy, sell, or trade.  I do have some emotional attachment to my home I live in, but that’s human nature as I’m sure I’m not the only one who has some feelings for his own home.  But when it comes to my real estate investment portfolio, or more specifically, the properties I don’t live in, I’m as objective as I can be.  

As far as risks, I take reasonable and manageable risks.  I don’t lose sleep being afraid my government is going to take my properties by eminent domain.  But when you go on and on about that remote possibility, I feel it’s just your irrational fear inhibiting you from greater achievements.  But it’s okay.  It just means less competition for me.  If you are happy doing what you are doing, great.  I am pleased with my investment decisions, even with the inherit risks involved.   But if 30% annualized return is what you think is great, then continue to do what you do.  If only you knew what I know, you would think very differently about your investment performance, as I’m sure your perspective would change accordingly.  But since you are limited by your own wrong perceptions, I’m not going to waste time schooling you since less competition is just better for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-7 08:42:27 |Display all floors

raymondusa

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.