Views: 4358|Replies: 6

I almost forgot that China didn't permit this... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-8 20:45:52 |Display all floors
I just read about the two poor farmers who tried to organize a small protest in Tiananmen Square and now the wrath of the CCP is upon them.  They are in Prison and who knows when they will see the light of day again...

These were poor farmers like the kind Mao would have fought for and now they are in jail because they wanted their voices to be heard...

They were not democracy protesters trying to incite a government overthrow they were simple farmers just trying to make a statement...

At least be lenient on them because they are poor and uneducated and didn't know they would be punished so severely.  They are from the very class of people I thought Communism was supposed to protect! Please be easy on these poor farmers!

I realize this post will be destroyed because it too is feared by those in power.  But for those few of you who do read this, remember that there is hope for the future and do not despair...

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-1-9 00:07:13 |Display all floors

remember what you said about minding your own backyard first?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-9 01:16:13 |Display all floors

The difference is the Oakland protesters were never arrested...

But I do agree that their treatment was wrong and there was a lot of discussion about this police action.  Another difference was that the action of local police in the US is not orchestrated by the Federal government (unless Martial Law is declared which has only happened a few times in US history).  This separation of Federal and State Powers is a key aspect supposed to prvent the abuse of power - it may not have worked in this case.

I am not pretending that the US is perfect, but when something bad happens it is talked about a lot and new laws are made to prevent it from happening again.  

I will applaud China for even allowing the news of this protest to be released - years ago even that would have been killed.  So progress toward fre@dom is being made.  That's why I closed my article with the "do not despair line"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-9 10:19:21 |Display all floors

Peasants need the most concern.

They are waters while the government is a vessel. Our ancient philosopher Zhuangzi said: The waters can float a vessel when they are calm; but can also capsize a vessel in storm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-9 10:39:52 |Display all floors

I like that analogy a lot!

Wasn't the peasants the whole reason for the Communist Revolution in the first place?  If the CCP doesn't serve them, who DO they serve?  Big Business??  If so, how is that different than the neagative aspects of Capitalism???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-9 22:45:19 |Display all floors

the internet makes it easier for people to speak their minds

maybe if the poor farmers had internet access and ip-hiding software, then they could have staged similar protests without getting caught.  

to chinese who want to speak their minds ... learn information technology (IT).  it is not only good for your career (you will be taking over u.s. programming jobs soon), good for your country, but will also give you the ability to affect social change.

to my shame, u.s. companies such as cisco systems are selling the chinese government advanced filtering and internet-monitoring technologies with which they use to DELETE POSTS ON MESSAGE FORUMS and other things.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-9 23:24:24 |Display all floors

Lao Tzu : A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when p

Lao Tzu said:

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worse when they despise him....But of a good leader who talks little when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, "We did it ourselves.

Donald H. McGannon also said:
Leadership is action, not position.

I hope our leader party C*CP will give a better performance and improve their ties with people therefore they can have people's love and respect.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.