- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 0 Hour
- Reading permission
interesting...i need to ask the following questions
forumites "charles", and "holidays", born in either hk or china, are both currently living in america; i think i am reading their opinions written in english now. |
1. why did someone say "Most Chinese who settle in china-towns have no intention of learning the language of that country." ?? so are "charles" and "holidays" not speaking and writing english?
"holidays", "xiphoid" and "charles", are you the minority of the chinese in america??
"holidays" is even married to an american according to her voluntary info.
2. didn't she, as a chinese born person, make her attempts to fit into the american melting pot like many immigrants try to do?
i bet they are not the only 3 chinese people living in america whom can speak and write english fairly well.
let us assume "charles", "xiphoid" and "holidays" were wealthy and young when they arrived in america so they were able to spend time in school to learn the oh-so-important english.
3. what do the not-so-wealthy and not-so-young immigrants with children do when they arrive in the great super power, america? can they afford to spend time in school learning english? can they be doing nothing to bring home foods, just to learn english? do you BELIEVE they want to know not a word of english living in america?
the english teachers in china, someone admitted, earn 3 to 4 times or even more than the local teachers. they have no financial problems to survive teaching english in china. may not be wealthy, but definately not poor, even if with family and kids living in china with them. they CAN afford to even hire private tutors to learn chinese if they truly want to learn.
4. but can the not-so-wealthy immigrants in america afford to hire private tutors to learn english in usa?
5. what kind of jobs do non-english speaking and not-so-wealthy immigrants hold in america? can the not-so-wealthy immigrants who have children in america even afford to attend school part-time to learn english, not working more than one full-time job?
6. who are those chinese who settle in china-towns? describe their jobs, income, age, their living condition, their families including any young or elderly dependents, please.
7. are most of the chinese in america (or other countries) living in chinatowns? are minority of the chinese living outside of chinatowns? how big are those chinatowns? how many people can live inside chinatowns? what is the chinese population in america (or other countries)?
8. is "intention" something you can see as an outsider or by appearance?
9. how many chinese people, especially young chinese people, are wanting, willing, asking to learn english or other foreign languages in china currently? how often a foreigner is approached by chinese people and asked to practice english with them?
IF these chinese people move to foreign countries, for work or study, will they become "have no intention of learning the language of that country" any more?
10. do you personally know someone who "settled in chinatowns" ? how close are you to this someone who "settled in chinatown" ?
11. have you tried personally offer to teach those who "settled in chinatowns" english free of charge? have you even just made your offer to teach those who "settled in chinatowns" english for a fee? how many of them have you ever offered to help with their english?
i wish those who "settled in chinatowns" can speak up in this thread.
thanks to the convenience of internet, people online can communicate from china, hk directly with people living in other countries including america on daily basis...some know the truth, some know the truth about america, some know the truth of immigrants in america, including the truth about others' "intention"
i am NOT even here to argue if americans/america is great or not.
i merely want to ask the above questions and seek answers
there seems to be many americans in this forum. i hope to hear from them, at least.
charles, holidays, xiphoid and others, your inputs are also very welcome.
: ) well, for a second, i forgot about dr. charles' medical needs SOMETIMES
: ) for a second, i forgot characters online are only what they claim they are online, including the claim of being chinese Sometimes
the parties of mascarada !!!