Author: thaquest

Hong Kong Issues [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-4 05:29:29 |Display all floors

Is SWWINDS the "long hair"?

"Leung Gwok Hung, a 48-year-old anti-Beijing activist and self-described "Marxist revolutionary"梚s the surprise winner in Sunday's Hong Kong legislative council (LEGCO) elections. He's also the brightest news in the mostly downbeat press accounts of the elections, which are being interpreted by most foreign and local journalists as a setback to Hong Kong's democracy movement, even though 60 percent of the 1.7 million people who voted Sept. 12 cast their ballot for a pro-democracy candidate."

Is this Democracy - Chinese style?

"The reason such a huge popular mandate can end up looking like a defeat (the pro-democrats won only 18 seats) is that Hong Kong's legislative system, designed by the British to keep power and control in their hands, does the same thing now for Beijing. Of the 60 LEGCO seats, only 30 are directly elected by the voters in geographical districts梩he other half of the seats are chosen by fewer than 200,000 members of "functional constituencies," mostly don't-rock-the-boat-ers from various professions like tourism, finance, and accounting. "

Don抰 rock the boat Canchin and Little lizard !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-4 05:43:44 |Display all floors

I want to send a message to long hair!

http://www.thechinazone.com/showthread.php?p=1868#post1868
Show Long hair this link!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-7 02:50:35 |Display all floors

u want an answer

ill give u the answer china will never become a democracy and i hope it doesnt it will prob have its own mixture of different systems i dont think it will want to become something other countries want to force it to become even if its beneficial i mean its in their genes  and in the future ur theories about chinas crap system lack of democracy threats to other countries will start to fade and im sure about that so stop wasting ur time here u cant do anything about it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-8 11:11:09 |Display all floors

bendent is sooo funny

"china will never become a democracy and i hope it doesnt  ...i mean its in their genes."

An interesting hypothesis. Who would have thought that a desire for democracy was a genetic thing.

The people of Taiwan, however, seem to be very enthusiastic about their democratic system. One must therefore assume that they are genetically different from mainland Chinese, and therefore should definitely not be compelled to unify with the Mainland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-21 03:52:35 |Display all floors

Fake concern for HK......just more hypocritical stuff

Admchengho and Dean:  Excellent responses to the issues.  I have nothing to add.  

People like thequest tries to package his postings to make it look like he is concerned for HK, Taiwan, or any other issue that can potentially create problems for China.  It's so transparent.  Problem is, messengers like thequest, Fish, and others are too hypocritical to have any credibility.  When others and I have raised issues, they cannot answer it honestly and fairly.  Yet, while this thread may be about China/HK,  its message would have more credibility if it was coming from more credible messengers.   Of course they don't want to examine their own record since we already know its pitiful.  

First rule of communication:  If you truly want to be heard and respected for your opinion, you first need to be a credible messenger, even before you send your message.  

These hypocritical messengers cannot face their own hypocrisy, so its just more obfuscation, instead of really getting down to issues that truly matter.  

Bottom Line:  Whether it is HK, Taiwan, or whatever, these are internal Chinese issues, to be resolved internally.  The last thing China wants is some outsider to meddle in their internal affairs, so you hypocrites can save your fake concerns, as I just don't buy it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-25 11:48:45 |Display all floors

HK is China!

HONG KONG IS IN/A PART OF CHINA! IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE!

I am a born and bred Hong Konger (I am Chinese and nothing more and nothing less) and love the motherland just read the rest of my posts, especially on the Taiwan Issue! Hong Kong is 100% Chinese and is just as Chinese and as much a part of China as Beijing, Macao, Shanghai, Xian, Guangzhou, Taipei or any other city in China!

LONG LIVE THE HKSAR, PRC!
LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA!
GLORY TO THE MOTHERLAND AND GLORY TO THE LEGACY OF DR. SUN YAT-SEN!
LONG LIVE THE RE-UNIFICATION OF THE MOTHERLAND!

A true Chinese out on the  Hong Kong harbour front with our glorious flag!
2005072511480022.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.