Author: mahcom2002

Why did female engineer with a master degree can not find the other half of thei [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-12 03:39:25 |Display all floors

An Analogy

Your question reminds me of an analogy that I heard about some time ago. Perhaps it gives a reason to the question. It was proposed by a professor and he meant to describe the situation in Singapore. But I think it's applicable in most places.

The professor compared the society as a mountain. Both men and women start climbing from the bottom of the mountain. Men look down the mountain for their better halves while women look up the hill in order to find a husband.

Meaning, if you're a man, the higher you climb, the more women you can choose from when you look down the mountain. if you're a woman, the higher you climb, the fewer men you can choose from when you look up the mountain.

i think the analogy is very true.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.