Author: matt605

Speak Chinglish in America [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-14 15:08:54 |Display all floors
"Nobody is laughing "at China" or "at Chinese people" when they have an innocent laugh at Chinglish."

You have a whole lot to learn about how the Chinese are looked at outside China. You were talking about ignorance??!!! You're mentality is completely way off... Chinglish for a while, yes, let your ability GROW and transform the Chinglish into English...

WHITE people in AMERICA, don't have a clue, how Chinese are treated.. Chinese don't even have to start talking, it's automatically assumed they can't speak English... and I would know. My looks would pass for Chinese.. I've been there!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 18:13:47 |Display all floors
Interesting, Matt!!!

I for one think there is way to much pressure on the Chinese to master English.  What is the Chinese Ministry of Education thinking!!

I think Chinglish spken by girls is sexy.  Just like hearing French people speak English, they don't always do it properly and mixed with their foreign tongue it can be pretty H-O-T.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 18:21:13 |Display all floors
yes, speaking Chinglish to turn guys on... now that's one great reason to stick to Chinglish!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 18:28:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by divina at 5-14-2006 18:21
yes, speaking Chinglish to turn guys on... now that's one great reason to stick to Chinglish!!!

God, I knew we'd eventually change your mind.

Good job fellas!!!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 19:06:56 |Display all floors

Chinglish

makes one oblivious to sarcasm... tsk tsk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 22:27:46 |Display all floors
it's kind and generous of foreigners to understand the difficulty for Chinese to learn English. But that is not a good reason for Chinese not to push themselves to perfection.  still, i disagree with discrimination against those who speak chinglish and may be making progress from mistakes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-14 22:37:06 |Display all floors
"it's kind and generous of foreigners to understand the difficulty for Chinese to learn English. But that is not a good reason for Chinese not to push themselves to perfection."

Everyone wants perfection... not everyone can obtain that, if any!!! Noone is discriminating Chinese who speak Chinglish, people are ENCOURAGING that. That means, instead of trying to speak ENGLISH, you should just stick to thinking in Chinese and speaking English.

Oh, and English speakers too aren't perfect in English... many of you are probably better in Chinese, thean they are in English!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.