Author: tony_li

行动起来,向不规范英语宣战!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-30 15:42:51 |Display all floors

语言是有创造性的,现在有很多新词不断的出现,而且有的时候自己都可以造词的,名词动词化,这都是例子。对于翻译,特别是会议翻译和做笔译工作的人来说,规范性比较重要,但是平常交流的话,注重的是听的懂,看的懂。我有一位中东的客户,她的英语还可以但是经常用生僻的词,很郁闷,要琢磨的。现在美语的规范性本身就不强了,也是比较注重交流的意图,相对正式英语来说,口语化程度很强。现在所谓的CHINGLISH的错误应该改正才是,上次看电视,一个英语新闻里居然把市长说成是CITY LEADER,简直哭笑不得,也不知道国外的看了是什么感觉。
所以,也没有必要非得要很规范的英语,但是要看场合而定才是。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-30 15:44:52 |Display all floors

哈哈 意思是“小心的撞你的脑袋”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-30 21:26:58 |Display all floors

haha! Sounds interesting.

I used to read of a Chinese book named "咬文嚼字". The book points out many mistakes we make unconsciously in daily communications in Chinese. An interesting and informative book.

Keep on discussing and we may  compile  a book  named English Verbalism too^o^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-31 10:31:48 |Display all floors

it depends

it depends how you difine the so-called standard. I do not think language deserves a metric but we have a generally-accepted rule for speaking and writing. To express yourself freely requires mastering those basic rules of a specific language.
Language is a product of such factors as history and tradition, which we can only follow but not create. In other words, we need to follow the way that others,  natives to be accuate, express themselves.
If you could call it a standard, we need those strandards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-31 15:05:09 |Display all floors

I quite agree with you

Since we decide to learn a language, it's quite essential to master the basic factor on this language, such as the pronounciation,the grammar,the vocabulary, some background, ect. Only understanding this can we speak out some formal and native expressions, maybe that's so called "standard". And hence, we can't create some phrases or idioms or sentences which make the natives puzzle. I think this is an instructive movement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-1 20:33:36 |Display all floors

直接用“WATCH OUT!”!

我认为直接用“WATCH OUT!”再配以图案说明就行了。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-1 20:50:59 |Display all floors

你打错单词了!

你打错单词了!第一段第二行“freign” 应为“foreign”!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.