Views: 4566|Replies: 8

just a topic [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-30 12:48:35 |Display all floors
I was invited to join a lecture hold by a very famous trainning organ" You & Me" last month. many children's parents were invited to a hotel where the lecture was given. there is a yong lady called " Teacher Zhang" who gave us ths lecture to say how important for children to learn English and how an easy way they can provide for children to learn spoken English within 2 years. all CDs+ books +teaching materials cost RMB 6800.00. So many parents were hurry hand in the money and anxious to have the materials. they hope this can really help their children to learn spoken English. I have the same wish but RMB6800.00 is really out of my expectation so i hesitate on this...

i checked with their consultation centre and found that they sold the teaching materials in different prices in different city and area. so i realize that they are selling group and they want to make profit from the teaching materials. that's the reason why they can't answer my question" why such good teaching materials not be sold to school?" and why they hold such lecture in hotel instead of in School. They called their colleagues" teacher xx" but in fact they are not like teacher, they work as salesmen since i talked with several of "teachers" found their spoken English is not good at all.

The education cost is rising higher and higher, to give a child a good eduction is too costly...  "commercial" English and education...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 13:29:20 |Display all floors

They have been fleeced.

Pushy, generous but in a way, ignorant.

You are right that you've not been "robbed".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 15:05:55 |Display all floors

Their trainning materials are really good, and they are such famous ...

I think they  already become a commercial co., no longer be a training organ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 16:32:03 |Display all floors

Hi.

With English education extensively developed in China,a great amount of people have flooding the profitable market. Among these,there are some people who just earn money instead of promoting English teaching under the guise of English education.I ever met a person who frequently advocate his English training center through holding promotion meeting or lecture. Some teachers took on teaching task in the classes held by that person, but get less money than he promised before. He sometimes  even boast that those teachers he hire are all well-known,to tell the truth, most of which are far from being famous. The dramatic development of international communication spurs the development of English education and snowball the teaching demand in our society. Potential customers are attracting more and more investors to devote their energy into the field.when we plan to enroll ourself in an English class,we should recognize its teaching qualification and credit. Wish everyone reap deserved achievement in the process of English training.Keeping alert while we pick training organ.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 16:43:05 |Display all floors

Oh, Really...

I remember they told me that they already set up thousands branches all over China... almost each big city..
and they have developed more than 4500000 children's members in China... That's why the cost is so high because it includes the membership fee...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 18:16:30 |Display all floors

These scammers are all over the world

They rely on peoples' dreams to make a better future for themselves and their children
In the west we have been subjected to these high pressure tactics for many years yet every time a new one springs up, there are hundreds or even thousands of people lining up like sheep to be fleeced of their money.
They rely on greed or ignorance and there are unfortunately a lot of willing customers in those categories. I have no sympathy at all for those motivated by greed for they deserve what they get -- but I feel very sorry for those who lose money to these predators through ignorance.

There is no harm in going to these presentations PROVIDED you leave your money home. They will always lie about this being a one night special price but don't be fooled. Ask for some information, take it home and read it carefully. If it sounds too good to be true then forget it. If they are an honest company they will encourage you to make an informed decision. If they are dishonest, they will give you the hard sell. You MUST just walk out when this happens because they are masters in the art of deception. They will prey on your gullibility and ask how can you deny your child the opportunity to learn English like a native.

RUBBISH  There IS NO WAY to learn English without a lot of work and anyone who pretends otherwise is kidding themselves -- or in this case, scamming you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-30 18:18:56 |Display all floors

double post - ignore

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.