Author: gloestik

Spoken English Test [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-24 19:20:00 |Display all floors

thanks for your help!

DEAR,

I'M  eager to get your help of sending Spoken English test!
my  e-mail adress as follows:

raoxiaogangnihao@sina.com.cn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-25 09:42:43 |Display all floors

raoxiaogang: Demo Test Sent!

Hi rao, thanks for you repeated requests

Please check your mail box for a copy of the demo test. Do read through my email and the test instructions before taking the test.

Good Luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-26 09:51:04 |Display all floors

hi

hello ,i just want it ,please send it to me .
maomao9918008@163.com(e-mail)
thank u very much !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-26 15:58:35 |Display all floors

hi

please send me:dsnake_77@sohu.com,thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-27 10:13:33 |Display all floors

Demo Tests Sent!

To the following forummers:

Weiwei
Aaron Yu Zhu
Cici Chen
angelmeteor
Sheepzou
Leonardo
Alicegao
Dxuanwu

Please read through my email and the test instructions before taking the test.

Good Luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-27 14:23:16 |Display all floors

Highest Test Score

At present, Amimie has the highest spoken English test score of 66.

Overall
The Overall Score of the test represents the ability to understand spoken English and speak it intelligibly at a native conversational pace on everyday topics. Scores are based on a weighted combination of four diagnostic sub-scores. Scores are reported in the range from 20 to 80.
Amimie = 66
Test-taker easily handles a wide variety of discourse and speaking styles, and can contribute to a native-paced discussion. Speech is fluent, smooth and intelligible; test-taker controls appropriate language structure for speaking about complex material.

Sentence Mastery
Sentence Mastery reflects the ability to understand, recall and produce English phrases and clauses in complete sentences. Performance depends on accurate syntactic processing and appropriate usage of words, phrases and clauses in meaningful sentence structures.
Amimie = 63
Test-taker can understand, recall and produce a variety of English phrases and clauses in sentence context. Test-taker generally produces accurate and meaningful sentences.

Vocabulary
Vocabulary reflects the ability to understand common everyday words spoken in sentence context and to produce such words as needed. Performance depends on familiarity with the form and meaning of everyday words and their use in connected speech.
Amimie = 56
Test-taker usually understands and can produce everyday English words when they are used in clear speech.

Fluency
Fluency reflects the rhythm, phrasing and timing evident in constructing, reading and repeating sentences.
Amimie = 72
Test-taker speaks with acceptable rhythm and generally appropriate phrasing; some units may be too fast or too slow. Occasional hesitation, repetition, and/or imperfect word-linking may produce an uneven phrasing.

Pronunciation
Pronunciation reflects the ability to produce consonants, vowels and stress in a native-like manner in sentence context. Performance depends on knowledge of the phonological structure of everyday words.
Amimie = 71
Test-taker produces most vowels and consonants in a clear manner, although an occasional word may be unclear. Stress is placed correctly in most words, although some unreduced vowels may render stress placement unclear. Speech is generally intelligible.

Well Done!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-27 14:43:03 |Display all floors

Relation of Amimie's Overall Score to ACTFL and Council of Europe Oral Interacti

Amimie's overall score of 66 is equivalent to:

1. Advanced level (American Council in the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
Advanced-level speakers are characterized by the ability to:
- participate actively in conversations in most informal and some formal settings on topics of personal and public interest
- narrate and describe in major time frames with good control of aspect
- deal effectively with unanticipated complications through a variety of communicative devices
- sustain communication by using, with suitable accuracy and confidence, connected discourse of paragraph length and substance
- satisfy the demands of work and/or school situations

2. Level B2 Oral Interaction Descriptors Based on Council of Europe Framework
- can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party
- can produce stretches of language with a fairly even tempo; few noticeably long pauses
- clear pronunciation and intonation
- does not make errors that cause misunderstanding
- clear, coherent, linked discourse, though there may be some "jumpiness"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.