Author: ybtlover

the importance of english! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-25 19:00:13 |Display all floors

Why not believe him!

Hi Fedyli:
Are you Chinese? There are more than 90 percent Chinese don't understand English, even a person who come from college or academy. If one person could speak English well, He will find a good job. So I think you didn't know current situation in China.

I think all of us have realized the importance of English, If you haven't, why are you here?

I think the event which told by the author is true. It is a special situation which can show we the importance of English. The more important is, the world are getting more and more close, with the developing of world, I believe all people will use the same language. Base on current suituation, It should be English.

So, If you don't want world dump you, you must master it firest!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-25 20:36:07 |Display all floors

I think that english is very important

I am an engineer at a pulp company three months ago, an automation engineer,I  work there for several years, now I became a teacher  ,teaching automation.In the past several years ,my english gave me  a great help,it help me master my major very fluently,because our most equipments are imported from Finland,America ,Germany and Japan,etc.The operation and maintance manuals were written by english ,if we can't understant  the english ,we are unable to operate or maintance those machines .I insist on learning english after  my graduation from  university. my english was not very bad ,I can read these manuals very easy, so I say my english help me develop very quickly.but now I feel my english is not well enough,especially   in my oral english and english composition.so I must study english hard .It is not easy to master a foreign language  very fluently, I feel the way is practice ,practise as often as we can ,we can also read some textbooks about english major,I feel the textbook is the  best books of leaning .let's link our hands together  to improve our english .wish  all of us can master this foreign language .As long as we insist studying,we will succeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-26 08:49:30 |Display all floors

my idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-26 09:29:11 |Display all floors

my view of english

with the development of society, more and more people believe that english is becoming more useful than before, we can not communicate with the world if we do not understand english, it is a barrier that we do not know how to communicate with others in english

althougn english is necessary, however, it is not essential in our life. in fact , chinese culture tell us every people is good at a kind of special knowledges. for example, long time a ago, there was a PHD, he is very intelligent and was so proud of his knowledge, one day, he went to a small villiage for wild researching, he had to pass a river, he rented a fisher 's boat , he found the fisher did not like to talk and asked:"do you know economy?" the fisher did not say a word."can you speak english or spanish?" the fisher kept slient. so the PHD looked down to the fisher.
at that time, there was a big storm , the boat lost of balance because the wave striked the boat strongly, and water has come into the boat, the boat was sinking,  the fisher,suddenly,asked"can you swim, sir","i can not"...

in my opinion, many people noticed about some special skills but ingored some basic life skills. so english is not the most important in our life.
welcome to discuss with me .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-26 09:37:36 |Display all floors

run!

Use magic tools Report

sunny5320 has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-26 11:39:18 |Display all floors

My view

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-26 12:12:16 |Display all floors

I don't agree!

It is true that Chinese is so-called 'most-spoken language', but each Chinese shouldn't be proud of it. The result comes from too many Chinese people in the world. and it is a very heavy burden for our country now.  

In my opinion, language just act as a communication tool in our life, I think every Chinese who graduated from college or academy should master it well, at least, it should be enough for communication. on the other hand, Almost all documents are written in English in the hi-tech company, If you can't master English well, It's impossible to be a master in his career.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.