Views: 8350|Replies: 35

the importance of english! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-23 23:49:41 |Display all floors
i have been learning english for several years.i  began to know the importance of english from that event three years ago.i was a college student in the city of xinxiang that time. one day my friend and i  were staying in waiting room of xinxiang railway station ,henan province.my friend was well-dressed.the waitting for the train was so long and boring because of the late of the train.so my friend had a nap on the chair.suddenly i noticed someone was getting close to him when he was sleeping,and put his hand in my friend's pocket!he's a pickpocket.when he was aware of my gazing at him,he pulled his hand back.so i woke my friend up.i should tell him the truth,but the pickpocket have several partners which surrounded us.i must tell his the situation of insecurity,so i could only speak to him in english!we all had never spoke to someone in english before that time.although our oral english wasn't fluent ,but we could undertand each other clearly!we all surprised that we could express our meaning in another language which had given great help in that situation.from then on,i know the importance of english,so i try my best to get any chances to practise and improve my english skill.
what do you think of the importance of enlish,please reply me if you have interest in this topic,thanks:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 11:37:21 |Display all floors

no...no...no!

many pickpocket can speak English too.
and you would send message with a mobilephone!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 12:05:04 |Display all floors

Can you trust him

It's obvious that he is lying. We all don't believe in him. English is really important ,but his words don't be proved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 13:19:40 |Display all floors

Hello Sam 2000

What exactly do you mean by your comments.

I am confused at your reaction to the post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 13:28:35 |Display all floors

why didn't trust him?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 13:30:35 |Display all floors

-----this Message to SAM2000

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 14:28:07 |Display all floors

result is first one

i do believe that it is very important to learn or use english, as now  the world is getting small and the economy is getting global day by day, if you want to contact the outside world , you must be fluent in english ,language is the first door for sb  to get touch with the other one. regard the post, it is not important if the story is true, but we should realize that english is getting more and more important ,don't only for preventing thief, it is true even for life and job.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.