Author: bettybooh

About Crazy English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-23 13:41:27 |Display all floors

it's a bypass.

according to an investigation, we Chinese especially adults study foreign language only using left brain, which is better in logic and memory, not language.  maybe this make us less capability than the people from other countries, which using two half of the brain. put some feeling when study foreign language maybe the point. crazy is the extreme feeling.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-23 20:57:07 |Display all floors

I think everybody should find his own way. There is no panacea that can cure all diseases. Crazy English is a prescription. It may suit somebody, but I know it doesn’t suit me. When you believe Liyang’s word, you go crazy. When you believe my word without scrutiny, you are also crazy. We have our brains. Our brains have helped us in the past. We should trust our brains. No matter it is right brain or left-brain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-24 00:40:40 |Display all floors

Crazy English is badly flawed.

Beyond the central idea of encouraging people to actually speak, Crazy English is badly flawed.

It relies too heavily on slang, which too quickly becomes out of date and useless. It encourages usage of the "grammar translation" method of language learning, which is deeply flawed and unfortunately widely used in China.

But the biggest problem is this: for a supposed English teacher, Mr. Li Yang speaks TOO MUCH CHINESE!

Immersion learning is the only real  "shortcut" available - and Crazy English doesn't use it.

Use magic tools Report

yukigao has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-24 15:04:42 |Display all floors

suitable is best

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

peterduan has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-26 15:22:36 |Display all floors

I am crazy for English, but it has nothing with CE

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-29 19:43:34 |Display all floors

Work hard to be proficent

In my opinion,the method of Crazy English is not advisable because it partly focus on oral English too much.
To learn English well,you should find an ever lasting way and work hard by it,thus New Concept English is nodoubt the best choice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.