Views: 6072|Replies: 12

About Crazy English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-22 10:41:07 |Display all floors
Hi, all english language elites!

What do you think of LiYang's crazy english? I mean, do you in favour of the method that he advocated? I heard that one of the teenaged boys attending Liyang's summer camp died of a sudden disease. This message gave me an initial impression on crazy english - it's really crazy!

I understand that if you want to improve your english in speaking, listening and writing, you have to be a little crazy on english to increase the language inputs on your mind. But according to the press reports, it seemed to be too overwhelming that made children too weary and crazy. Anyway, it let me think of a priest leading a group of cults, they are shouting, brandishing ...

The most important thing that I concern is that by this method, people can really greatly improve their english?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-22 23:07:42 |Display all floors

it is just a method, without so called crazy effect!

when i was college, the dean in our department commented thatCrazy English is just rubbish. here i should add more, our department is the english department, and he is an english professor.  please don't think i am strongly against Crazy english, it's one of various english-learning methods, and because of a good marketing strategy, it has become a big profitable industry now, tha's all. it is undiable that some students can benifit from Crazy English, because if u believe in something, u will find it useful, just like the placebo in medicial treatment. that's all, don't privilege it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-22 23:18:32 |Display all floors

it is just a method, without so called crazy effect!

when i was college, the dean in our department commented thatCrazy English is just rubbish. here i should add more, our department is the english department, and he is an english professor.  please don't think i am strongly against Crazy english, it's one of various english-learning methods, and because of a good marketing strategy, it has become a big profitable industry now, tha's all. it is undiable that some students can benifit from Crazy English, because if u believe in something, u will find it useful, just like the placebo in medicial treatment. that's all, don't privilege it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-23 09:31:14 |Display all floors

It just is a method of learning english.

the method fits someone.but doesnt fit all.It deponds on the situation.just
have a try.if it can improve your english,that is good.if dont,that is rubbish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-23 10:18:49 |Display all floors

Reply: About Crazy English

I don't like the "Liyang Crazy English", because I do,'t think to benefit for english learning this means what need shouting out to speak English. But the exaggerated figure of mouth maybe grow on beginner, benefit to their pronunciation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-23 12:19:51 |Display all floors

I call it Demented English, brother.

There are too many demented things arising everyday in this schizophrenic age.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-23 12:27:34 |Display all floors

it is rubbish!!!

it is just  business,everybody who can speak english well knows learning english is a time-consuming and very hard work--even for a person with talent.crazy english can attract laymen because they have no idea in learing english and want to find a short -cut,and crazy english always showing-off --------by slangs,or just one simple sentence ...
  anyway ,it is right in the process of learing english being a little crazy is useful,also i admire li-yang's hard working in his own process of learning english.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.