Views: 20283|Replies: 36

There is no such thing as 'ultra-nationalism' to 'assuage' in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-19 20:07:43 |Display all floors
laugk:

Who are you trying to fool?

We all know you have never been to China and your understanding of the Chinese language is extremely scanty.  We also know that you have been sympathetic to the Japanese all along, knowing that language far better than you know Chinese.  Whenever it came to making a choice between your Chinese and Japanese friends, you had always sided with the Japanese.

What prompts you now to write these rubbish posts about having the CCP to 'dissuade' Chinese nationalism when obviously nationalism is the only weapon that will keep the Chinese nation united?  

Chinese nationalism is very different from European nationalism of which I am quite familiar.  It is the result of oppression by foreigners of a backward China and not the cause of aggression like in Twentieth Century Germany.  <u>Therefore the nature of nationalism in China is defensive and never offensive.</u>

When students marched on the streets to express their wrath over a perceived slight it cannot be interpreted as a demonstration of 'ultra-nationalism'  or that an attack against Japan is imminent.  Rather, it is the ultimate outcome of many such perceived slights, such as the non-apologetic stance of the Japanese government on past heinous crimes against the Chinese people.  And yet instead of chastising the Japanese you choose to blame the Chinese students for ultra-nationalsim.

You are writing these stupid posts because you don't even know your own limitations due to your evident lack of understanding of Chinese matters.  The result is reflected in your lackluster reception in these forums.  Your purpose of coming here, as we all know, is not to contribute but simply to flood these basins with dirty water, making the Chinese more confused as to what is really good for them.

Nationalism is an important defensive mechanism in the Chinese psyche and as such, it is of vital importance that the CCP fosters this powerful feeling of kinship which never was, is or will be aggressive in nature.  You might know a few Chinese characters and even a few dates about dynasties, but you really haven't grasped the essence of Chinese culture or its history.

I am familiar with both American and Chinese college students because of my previous work as a college professor.  The Chinese students I have taught all knew the importance of the role of nationalism in their past as well as their future.  None of them were taught that they were supermen destined to conquer the world like the Germans were in the Third Reich.  Instead, they were taught how to benefit all of mankind.  Now that is what we desperately need in the States – a wider perspective of the whole world, and there is nothing wrong with this kind of benevolent nationalism.

Your mention of 'ultra-nationalism' is particularly insulting to a nation that goes out of her way to accommodate the needs and wishes of her weaker neighbors.  This kind of international relationship as espoused by China is unprecedented and has won the hearts of the world's peoples as could be seen during the recent visits of Hu and Wen to the five continents.

For instance, during the recent agreement on the use of ocean resources, China signed an agreement to use peaceful means to solve her problems with weaker and smaller Southeast Asian countries as regards the Paracel Islands although historically those islands had always been under Chinese jurisdiction according to the old maps.  China did not have to be so accommodative.  She could have gone in shooting as it was her prerogative to do so.  Instead, she chose to take the conciliatory course in her widely acclaimed New Foreign Policy.  

So is that the behavior of an ultra-nationalist country?

Premier Wen Jiabao on his recent visit to Ethiopia offered to forgive all the loans owed to China by scores of African nations.  The Westerner nations seldom if ever could bring themselves to do that even though they were much wealthier on a per capita basis than China ever was.  

Again, would that be the behavior of an ultra-nationalist country?

In your reply to forum friend utnbia when he criticized you in one of your posts you brought up the irrelevant point that you are a known writer and that you had written some posts that one can find through "google."  You tried to trick those who don't know your past antics by putting special circular signs at the top of your posts and the word "copyrighted" as if to impress other into believing that you are special.   Believe me, I have gone to Googles and it is only recently that your posts have even been updated anywhere.  

That's why you have come here, because your posts at AW forum never even got noticed by the main search engines as have those of others.  As usual, your second name is vanity and your third name is still vanity.  That's why during the 911 attack on the Twin Towers in New York instead of feeling sorry for the victims you made a joke out of it by directing forumites' attention to your post with your smiling picture in it using a sensationalized heading.  That episode illustrated your flawed character more than anything else.

Those of us in the know understand that your coming here is again the result of one of your explosive episodes of jealousy, just like when you tried to fool other forumites into thinking that you were a doctor even though you weren't, and this part of your history will go with you wherever you go.

Even though wchao37 has tried to prevent me from writing this in his note following the other post, I have always felt that your ill will was totally despicable and you owe him an apology.  Whether you believe it or not, in the years I have known the man he has never attacked you behind your back like you had done to him when you wrote your notorious emails to that man referred to as "rofessor Lewd" in his post.

I wouldn't have even bothered to reveal these truths if not for the fact that your ideas, dressed up in your typically exaggerated British style, are misleading and confusing to the lay Chinese public who come to these forums mostly as impressionable young students in their formative years, and they should not have to suck up the poison offered by a crook who has never been to China and does not understand the country or its people one iota.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-20 02:42:39 |Display all floors

I didn't know....

a lot of the things you are mentioning here.  Jesus Moses....thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-20 12:02:29 |Display all floors

Reply to schmidt2008

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-20 13:20:46 |Display all floors

Oh no...not more of this...everyone is the same person stuff.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-20 13:23:03 |Display all floors

IF I am chairman...then I agree with this sentence...if I am Wendy..I do not agr

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-20 13:24:49 |Display all floors

I agree with this..I am more sure I am chairman by the minute...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-20 13:27:05 |Display all floors

I also agree with this...that settles it..I know I am chairman...no doubt....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.