Author: fluffy

All Chinese look same why? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-19 05:17:38 |Display all floors

Reply: to whitedevil

I need to have my self checkout by a doctor.  
Something is wrong with me.  
I really feel sick.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-19 18:01:32 |Display all floors

contact more Chinese then u can tell the difference

You must be new in China. Spend more time here then you'll find out each Chinese looks different, even twins. :p

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-20 05:45:14 |Display all floors

to whitedevil

whitedevil, darling, what's wrong with you..? (ToT)
If you like that guy in my signature, everything is ok., it's normal... I love him!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-23 17:30:46 |Display all floors

he

it is not the problem of chinese.it is the problem of your eyes and your brain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-24 22:34:01 |Display all floors

...I think his point is...

To most westerners, especially Europeans, there is a wide variety in hair color, eye color, and skin tones. These are standard markers for identifying a person if you're from those regions.

Asians typically have brown hair, brown eyes, and a light tan skin tone. This means that all the typical markers for recognizing different people go right out the window.

It is very hard for most westerners to guess where various Asians come from, although there are differences once you are around many Asians. Certainly, there's some variance that many westerners do recognize -- the Turkic Uyghur certainly look significantly different from Han. They look more Arabic, not Chinese, even though they ARE Chinese.

But in both Europe and Asia a lot of differences can be cultural. Frankly, Germans and French don't look that much different. But there cultural differences are great. The same holds true for a lot of Asians. You can pick out different groups of people easier if they're in traditional clothing rather than modern clothing. That's cultural.

My dad was Asian (was, I lost him a few years ago) and people were always trying to guess where his ancestors were from  -- and I got to hear some hilarious answers! Yes, many, many  westerners are clueless. That doesn't mean we don't have the ability to learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 04:40:42 |Display all floors

to chrisusi

And you are 100% right! *applauses*

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.