Author: stanley

survey 'concern' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-26 08:14:10 |Display all floors

Top five.

1. Corruption of course, that's the most important, and power-for-money crimes among government officials is deep-rooted. Breeding ground for corruption is always there.

2. Food security. Meat, oil, rice, vegetable... Do they have too much hormone, pesticide, preservative...

3. Education. Why in a beautiful park there are always someone litter or spit?

4. Executing the law.

5. Commercial morality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-26 08:51:41 |Display all floors

Hear, hear for Wendy

Nice list.

Wouldn't know what to add or omit.

[addendum of the above, posted December 27]

1) I should of course hasten to add that Wendy, as a Chinese, is much more entitled than a gaobizi like myself to put forth such a list.

2) On second thoughts, I *have* thought of something to add, to wit:

People in China tend to be sooooooooooooo serious most of the time.  I really think it would be beneficial for both China and the Chinese if there would be more genuine relaxation and enjoyment around.   

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-26 09:28:02 |Display all floors

My list......off the cuff....knee jerk reaction...to wendy.....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-1 00:01:53 |Display all floors

Why Chinese people are so serious(reply to Tuur)

Why Chinese people are so serious

In tuur's article you mentioned:

"eople in China tend to be sooooooooooooo serious most of the time. I really think it would be beneficial for both China and the Chinese if there would be more genuine relaxation and enjoyment around."

It is the true scence in the street in China.But why?

Young as a puiple,Chinese student has to face fiece competition and do a mountain of homework.Chinese students as well as Japanese students are the busiest in the world.When they graduate from junior middle school,they have to prepare for the exam which will determine whether they can enter the senior school and which one they can enter.

If he succeed to enter a good senior school,the chance of entering a university is large.Maybe he can have a rest and do something he is interested in."Work hard,or you will fall behind your classmates!"So he had to give up his hobby,do all he could to prepare for the college entry exam.

Because the educational recources are limited,only three out of ten can get the admission of the colleges.Suppose he is a luky one,who entered into his ideal university and major.Maybe he can have a rest.However,it is more and more difficult for college students to find a job.In order to raise his competence in the competition in future,he has to work hard,to pass CET4,CET6,GRE,and so on.

At least,he is lucky enough to get his ideal job,a computer commander.The salary is quite high,but the work is really hard.If he is slack off,he will be dismissed by his boss.He have to work all day and all night.Sometimes he is too busy to have meal.After all ,there are a long queue looking for jobs.Among them there are lots of youngster,who are probably more creative than him.

And what will happen after marriage and having a child?

Too much things to worry,thus there is no time to smile.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-1 00:02:10 |Display all floors

Why Chinese people are so serious(reply to Tuur)

In tuur's article you mentioned:

"eople in China tend to be sooooooooooooo serious most of the time.  I really think it would be beneficial for both China and the Chinese if there would be more genuine relaxation and enjoyment around. "

It is the true scene in the street in China. But why?

Young as a puiple,Chinese student has to face fierce competition and do a mountain of homework. Chinese students as well as Japanese students are the busiest in the world. When they graduate from junior middle school,they have to prepare for the exam which will determine whether they can enter the senior school and which one they can enter.

If he succeed to enter a good senior school,the chance of entering a university is large. Maybe he can have a rest and do something he is interested in. "Work hard,or you will fall behind your classmates!"So he had to give up his hobby,do all he could to prepare for the college entry exam.

Because the educational resources are limited,only three out of ten can get the admission of the colleges. Suppose he is a lucky one,who entered into his ideal university and major. Maybe he can have a rest. However,it is more and more difficult for college students to find a job. In order to raise his competence in the competition in future,he has to work hard,to pass CET4,CET6,GRE,and so on.

At least,he is lucky enough to get his ideal job,a computer commander. The salary is quite high,but the work is really hard. If he is slack off,he will be dismissed by his boss. He have to work all day and all night. Sometimes he is too busy to have meal. After all ,there are a long queue looking for jobs. Among them there are lots of youngster,who are probably more creative than him.

And what will happen after marriage and having a child?

. . . . . .

Too much things to worry,thus there is no time to smile.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-1 19:52:36 |Display all floors

ahah!

i just want to known what  are the native people thinking abuot
maybe as "promising student " , we should know something about it!
in that case ,we can prapare our future, for ourselves and our country ,in some sence.
there is seriouse or not !
what condition are u  in ? that is not very important!
come on ,baby!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-2 11:03:51 |Display all floors

My concerns

I am in the It Industry.
the 5 things I concern most:
1 Will I get a PS2 some day?
2 When will I get my postgraduate certificate?
3 Animal protection
4 Environment protection
5 What will I do 10 years later?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.