Author: christo

11 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-26 10:10:24 |Display all floors

someone took my poems!!

This is the first time I see this
How can someone steal my poems like this?!
I hope a person doesn't plan to use them, that is my biggest concern.

And what does "11" mean anyway?

Any advice on what I can do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 13:54:06 |Display all floors

we r nobody's fool

Come on,Christo! Don't fool us. You are the only one who knows the truth. And of course you know what "11" means.

I guess that is you have 11 girlfriends untill now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 14:02:28 |Display all floors

valentina

christo almost fooled me. I agree he himself wrote that '11'. But I don't think he has 11 girlfriends now, I think he has found his special one. Look, '11' looks like too persons staying together. I would imagine two otherwise lonely people now have found their special one and are finally together. Is that so? I really expect a touching story!!!! for the happiness

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 18:36:46 |Display all floors

Heh.

christo, really, you are! Coz you made the people let to think about such a stupid thing like what's the meaning of ~11~ lol.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 22:52:18 |Display all floors

I found the meaning this afternoon

First of all, I am no Picasso, I can not just write something and turn it into a symbol.

I wish I was that famous that I had such magical power

I contacted the "China Daily" today and I was told that some of my poems were "mildly offensive" in a political nature and were taken off the forum. But since they had no idea about all the other ones, they took all of them off just in case there was some kind of hidden meaning in them.

It seems like BS to me, but that was the explanation given to me.

The number-11, represents the government code designated for such offensive material, since they knew the material was politcally and culturally offensive to the Chinese people.

I am sorry to disappont all my fans. But don't worry, because of this, I am more determined to turn my collection into a book and I hope my book will become available in China once it is complete.
I just want to say thank you for devoting some time to reading my work and I hope you can read more of them someday.
Thank you

To those of you who think I have a hidden agenda.....think again.
And remember that China is still a worker's republic. The people with the last say in artistic expression is ultimately the government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-26 23:02:24 |Display all floors

Ok, i will turn it into a symbol then

But......

Since I am now known "the artist" for my artistic "use" of ~11~,
I will give it some symbolism....

IF YOU EVER THINK OF "LOST LOVE" or " BROKEN HEART", YOU CAN EXPRESS IT BY USING THE NUMBERS "11".
KIND OF LIKE THE WAY PEOPLE USE "888" FOR GOOD LUCK, YOU CAN USE "11" TO TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM A BREAK-UP OR A CHEATING LOVE OR A LOST CHANCE YOU HAD.

I WILL GIVE THAT MEANING TO THE NUMBER "11"

IT IS A SOMBOL OF FREE-EXPRESSION

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.