Author: cmknight

Questions about Marriage between Foreigners and Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-6 21:13:56 |Display all floors

You need courage

Yes.You need courage!
Don't take others' thoughts about you and your future spouce seriously!
Maybe among them have some kidding you!
Why not go to the place you want to if you are true to her!
You should despise others' concepts about you!
Because they are hideboud!
You need courage!
Thank you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 21:36:56 |Display all floors

more open views needed

marriages between nations should not be shut down,international marriages could make chinese closer to the outside world,more international,more familiar to people out of china.
   i am deeply hold pity to u,sorry i could do nothing for u.if only i was the boss,LOL,anyway,enjoy wedding.good luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-7 10:04:01 |Display all floors

blimey

5) We (the school) will lose face if you marry a foreigner.

on that note, contract brokem, run a mile/////

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-7 19:08:13 |Display all floors

Always keep in mind that a lawyer might help

Her school is definitely breaching the law of "freedom of love and marriage" by denying her to marry a foreigner.  My advices are:

1) Get official marriage paper whenever you want from the "civil affair bureau".  But she needs a certificate of being unmarried from the place that keeps her perfonal achive (it might be the school).  The school should not deny her the certificate and if it does, call up a lawyer

2) The wedding is nothing more than a celebration of the marriage and it can be arranged at a time that is convenient for everyone.  So if the school says she cannot go because there is nobody to cover her, then she can definitely go during summer holidays.  I always think that teachers are lucky as they have many holidays.  Of course, she might want to have her 10-days wedding leave without touching her summer holidays.  But at the end of the day, that 10 days is not that important, isn't it?

3) If her schools denies her pension because she is married to a foreigner, call up a lawyer

4) the last point, it is very stupid and childish to play the capricious and to give up her pension.  She should be old enough to understand it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.