Views: 1529|Replies: 5

一句新闻,帮忙翻译 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-25 19:58:35 |Display all floors
A U.S. judge on Thursday dismissed Russian oil company YUKOS' U.S. bankruptcy case, saying the issue belonged in a forum that included the participation of the Russian government.

我不明白 belonged 在这里怎末翻

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-25 21:34:45 |Display all floors

是不是belonged in应放在一起理解?“合适,适宜”?

A U.S. judge on Thursday dismissed Russian oil company YUKOS' U.S. bankruptcy case, saying the issue belonged in a forum that included the participation of the Russian government.

美国一法官周四宣布驳回俄罗斯尤科斯石油公司提出的破产保护,法官称这个案例适应于有俄政府参与的活动。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-25 21:48:15 |Display all floors

Re: Only reference

一名美国的法官星期四解除了俄罗斯尤克斯石油公司的美国破产申请,他说必须有俄罗斯政府部门的参与才能讨论这件事。
belonged 属于

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-26 02:51:38 |Display all floors

just an opinion

My understanding is:

The judge dismissed the case on the ground that the court was an incompetent forum to hear the petition, as the Russian government was not willing to submit to and was beyond its jurisdiction. A fair hearing of the case is only possible in a tribunal where arguments from YUKOS and the Russian government are heard (a forum that included the participation of the Russian government “and YUKOS”).

I await a more accurate Chinese translation, so that I can learn from it, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-26 13:30:25 |Display all floors

重点词-forum 和belong

我认为在这句话的重点词是forum,而belong 只能意译,不能直译出来.
而forum 在这里我觉得应理解成situation或者framework的意思,所以也只能意译出来.
我的译文是:

一位美国法官在周四驳回了俄罗斯尤科斯石油公司美国分公司提出的破产诉讼。他声称该案件应在有俄政府参与的框架下进行审理。

不对之处,请大家点评.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-26 14:02:43 |Display all floors

破产 & forum, opinion of a novice

I think cardinal’s use of 框架 is a more appropriate translation of “forum”. Can anyone come up with other Chinese terms equally good or better?

BTW, the bankruptcy case is actually a petition to the court for bankruptcy protection, i.e. not to make a bankrupt. Therefore, I think ruotong’s “驳回俄罗斯尤科斯石油公司提出的破产保护” is a more accurate translation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.