Views: 8426|Replies: 11

Have you ever been in love? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-3 08:45:16 |Display all floors
I met him three years ago. He was a smart good-looking tall guy but I never thought he would mean anything to me except just a friend because I knew at that time he had a beautiful girlfriend who had been with him for more than three years. Also, I was not allowed to have boyfriend.

Nevertheless, we became good friends as we were living near each other. I became his good listener whenever he was upset by his girlfriend. I comforted him when he was suffered by their relationship. He also encouraged me while I was struggling in my academic study. I am not sure if that was the situation where our love began. He began to court me when he was still having a relationship with her girlfriend. I was not a fool and I refused him many times because of that and I thought it was unfair for both his girlfriend and me.

Finally, he made his crucial decision and left that girl. I felt somewhat ambivalent about his decision. I wanted him to be mine but I did not like him being so brutal, apathetic and I was afraid he would treat me in that way someday if he found me dull and unattractive. Together we had lived a very happy life for almost 3 months. For the first time, I felt lucky of being a woman, being loved by a man I loved. I wish time would stop there forever.

However, our story ended soon as my parents found out we were in love. My father never talked to me in the way he talked about my relationship with that boy. Dad was very honest, serious and sincere. He pointed out a lot of problems existing between my boyfriend and me that we seldom considered before, such as money problem and his picky mother. My family was much richer than his. I might be treated badly by his mother simply because she loved money more than anything. His brothers were garbage and they might ask us for money.... Anyway because of all these concerns, I accepted my father's advice and finally left my boyfriend. He could not reach me in any way except by
e-mail because my family moved, and all the phone # were changed. The ways my father used to avoid our reconnection was just unbelievable. He sent me a lot of e-mails after but soon he stopped because I did not reply any. It was not because I did not miss him. I had hurt him enough and I did not want to do more harm to him and I was really confused and having no idea what to do with our relationship.

I am writing this out four months after I left him because I realize I can't continue avoiding him and all the mess I had made. I really want to know what is the right decision I should make between him and me. You are welcome to give me any advice or comment.

Use magic tools Report

spiritapple has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-3 10:18:29 |Display all floors

^-^

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-3 11:19:54 |Display all floors

Let it go

This man does not deserve your love and you were not yet to be prepared for love. So put this story back into your love resume and strart from there. To learn how to judge and make decision independently - parents opinions are important but should not be allowed to take control. To learn how to judge a man not just by his appearence - you need to probe his inner world. To learn how to assess the externality - for sure his family needs to be taken into account. To learn how to extract reality romance - money is important but is not all. Move on.

Use magic tools Report

allgemein has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-3 17:15:29 |Display all floors

what I have said!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 00:37:27 |Display all floors

A sad Story, but often true! =(

The story is a sad one. I'm sorry that it happened to you. Unfortunately, its the true world. In todays society (especially asian family), family background and wealth becomes an huge part of marriage and relationship.  Parents wants the best for their child, but not necessarily understand the views of the younger generation. They want to find a mate for you that have an equal family background. As a 22 year old, I totally can understand your problem. My parents give me tons of pressure sometimes similar to what you are experiencing. For this I fought with my parents so many times about it. I believe that its really not family background that matter. What matters is your mate. You have to ask yourself, does he/she really is your true special one. Is he really someone that will cherrish the relationship for the rest of his life. Is he truly the one you want? If he is, no matter what, your parents will support you in the end because they love you, and will support you.
Its always painful, but time will ease the pain. Right now at your point, i don't think its a good idea to contact him now since you guys already been apart. If you contact him now, you might get back, and in the end, the sad story will likely repeat itself, and pain will be with you again very likely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 05:37:46 |Display all floors

life is a succesion of dirty diapers

You are taking responsibility for your part.  Good for you. He needs to take responsibility for his. Are you in control now? Have you learned men
who are busy elsewhere are busy else where. You tried you feminine powers and they worked but you missed a better target----you aimed at a dove but hit an attached persimmon. Forgive yourself. love everyone and remember his girl friend is a person, consider her (that is love). Forgive others, respect couples , talk to wise women, you will be just fine. Parents  know life is a succesion of dirty diapers, clean them and walk on  . My messes are legion but I try not to step in them a second time. I frequently make referrals to karenb. Men pat butts , women save them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 05:45:21 |Display all floors

spiritapple " time heals all wounds"

The other way around is also true "time wounds all heels "

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.