Author: yazlixn

what do you think of a lady if she smokes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-17 09:58:54 |Display all floors

my granny smoked when she was alive

and i enjoyed the scent of her smoke though i haven't tried smoking till now.
maybe the thread should work  out one question first: what  does the lady smoke for, aha?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 13:58:32 |Display all floors

my opinion

smoking is noonly a personal affair,but a social problem.at present,the law donnot control the behavior,to the extent,it is a personal feeling.but as we know,smoking is bad to healty,especial to the old and the chinldren.women is the symbol of beauty ,smoking will damage the image of women,i sugget that women had better not have this habit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 14:55:48 |Display all floors

I think we all know the hazards of smoking

I personally don't supporting smoking either.  But at the end of the day, the person has the right to choose.  We don't have to like it, but it's really none of our business, provide that he/she is not smoking in a non-smoking area.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 17:38:36 |Display all floors

chinese smoking girl equal to prostitute??

i think you are a foreigner
don't always think like that  it's not fun
don't let me see your sister smoking  if  i see, can i  just think that
oh yeah  a prostitute ??
no one like to hear that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-19 08:16:06 |Display all floors

Put this in your pipe and smoke it!

The truth is hard to accept sometimes.
The fact is 20 years ago the only women you saw smoking in China were elderly hags born in the Qing dynasty who switched from opium to tobacco.
Then after economic reforms opened China in the early 80's you began seeing a significant increase in prostitution.  The way to identify hookers in hotels back in those days was simply looking for the ladies who sat around and smoked.  
It is taking a long time for foreign tobacco companies to persuade nice girls in China that it is OK for them to smoke too without having people believe they are whores.  
I guess those cigarette advertisements and promotions are finally starting to pay off.  
I'm glad my pretty sister doesn't smoke.   I just wish she would keep her mouth shut when she chews gum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-19 10:55:54 |Display all floors

yea.

i agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-19 10:57:33 |Display all floors

that is right.

reasonable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.