Views: 32163|Replies: 29

Who changed more, Chinese men or women? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-2 14:24:54 |Display all floors
Over the past 2 decades, who have undergone more remarkable changes in China, men or women? I would say the winner is women from my observation.

We now have this phenomenal Mu Zimei. We didn't even dare to imagine her 15 years ago. But She's on today's New York Times. How about men? Pitty. Of a handful of pioneering Chinese men, how many have not ended up in jail by now?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 14:31:10 |Display all floors

both have changed much

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 15:18:39 |Display all floors

Is Mu Zi mei a remarkable person who we should proud of ?

I don't think Mu Zi Mei is as remarkable as you said.
Although she is a hot topitc is current days, most people disgust her behavior.
An woman who can be considered as a successful person should prove that she has the ability  to compete with the man in the society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 15:44:46 |Display all floors

Mu zimei won't be in the area of Chinses women!

please! when you say something about women,don't say her!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 15:45:14 |Display all floors

what is the criterion?

I don't think that the more she(he) changed,the better she(he)is. We will not  learn from her just because she is on  New York Times .She is not our model.She is disgusted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-2 16:48:57 |Display all floors

This is indeed an interesting comparison for an outsider :)

Somehow, the media will highlight exceptional cases such as Mu Zimei. It's what news is all about, isn't it?
I feel the average Chinese girl should come forth to debunk this myth. Let the outsider have a better impression of you than the isolated cases highlighted by the press.
Guys, plz air your views too. I really like to hear the other side of the story. This way this topic is phrased, it seems only the locals can say something meaningful, unless the foreigner has lived in China for a long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-3 07:17:51 |Display all floors

women & men

Surely Mu Zimei is not the role model of Chinese women, never (I don抰 even think she抯 anywhere near typical in a western society). However, the reality in China is that an increasing number of young women are taking courage and even bravado to show up. Before Mu Zimei we抳e already had a number of 揵eautiful girl?writers endeavouring in breaking up the traditional image of Chinese women. Well done.

Unfortunately men in China are yet to break through stereotypes. At the extreme, there are still men who are making money out of women (though probably in a modern way) ?just think of the role played by the largest Chinese web-host SINO in the hype of Mu Zimei.  As always many Chinese men are money pursuing but only a couple of them have become entrepreneurs in a true modern sense. The ones I admired the most is Nu Qizhong and Sun Dawu. The former is now serving an 18-year sentence and preparing an appeal and the latter has just been released from jail but still under security monitoring.      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.