Author: twchinese

Taiwan Independence Doomed! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-19 04:33:27 |Display all floors
Sacto Joe, er Vince:

I’m not the one giving importance to these international organizations.  The Taiwanese delegation obviously feel the recognition by these international organizations are important since they have tried many times to gain membership.  Their actions tell me the Taiwanese delegation feel recognition from these international organizations is important.  It is too bad you have no power to help Taiwan gain what it covets.  

It is you who need to learn the definition of a de jure independent country.    Taiwan recognizes it doesn't have that, and that is why they continue to try and change Status Quo.  If they truly felt they are a de jure independent country, they would not need to change anything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 11:49:55 |Display all floors

raymondccp

The DPP delegation only  file application to international organizations during elections to generate nationalism and rally the taiwanese to vote for DPP.  If you read Taiwan news you will see, recently CSB removed the word china from all taiwan government departments., just before elections of 2008.
     I was in the DPP office in Taipei last december,  and I asked the rep at that office,  "how come you are not promoting independence??  "   He did not give me a reply.  He and the rest of his group was more interested in defeating the KMT candiats in the Taipei districts.  
      Taiwan already knows that they are independent.  The issue is not being independent or not.  Repeating the word independent is the best way the DPP can defeat the kmt in the elections.

You can remove the word de jure from the independent country of Taiwan.  It does not apply.  Taiwan is already independent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 12:31:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by writevince at 2007-5-21 11:49
I was in the DPP office in Taipei last december,  and I asked the rep at that office,  "how come you are not promoting independence??  "   He did not give me a reply.  He and the rest of his group was more interested in defeating the KMT candiats in the Taipei districts.  ...

Really Joe?

You said you don't know how to read and spell Chinese, so you use English?

What do you donate at that time?

Taiwan already knows that they are independent.  The issue is not being independent or not.  Repeating the word independent is the best way the DPP can defeat the kmt in the elections.

This is good, so as long as winning the stupid election, they don't care about other things, including the declining economy.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 12:52:10 |Display all floors
Poor little powerless Joe from Sacramento, er Vince:  

I’m not the one giving importance to these international organizations.  The Taiwanese delegation obviously feel the recognition by these international organizations are important since they have tried many times to gain membership.  Their actions tell me the Taiwanese delegation feel recognition from these international organizations is important.  It is too bad you have no power to help Taiwan gain what it covets.  

It is you who need to learn the definition of a de jure independent country.    Taiwan recognizes it doesn't have that, and that is why they continue to try and change Status Quo.  If they truly felt they are a de jure independent country, they would not need to change anything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-23 06:07:43 |Display all floors

raymondccp

yes, you are , you are the one who repeated 170 countries rather recognize mainland.  
And how many of these 170 countries has military allies with china????  yes, ZERO.  I wonder why?? It is because china is a facist military state?!!
How many of these 170 countries would come to china's aid during war??  yes, ZERO.  in fact, they would be the first to cut up and occupy china just like the 1800's.   yep, these are true friends indeed.!!

Taiwan delegations will continue persue international organizations.  Because independent countries can persue any international organizations they want.  
Independent countries can choose not to join olympic torch relays,  there is NOTHING china can do.
Independent contries can choose to remove the word china from all Taiwan government offices, there is nothing you can do.

I have no idea what the word de jure means!  the word completely independent is the only word that is placed in front of Taiwan.  COMPLETELY!
I know you love to hear the words independent country.  I will say it again just for you.  Competely independent country of Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-23 10:48:44 |Display all floors
Poor Joe from Sacramento:

As least you admit you don’t know what de jure means.  It’s not surprising, as it reflects your poor education.  Let me put it in very simple terms for you.  

De jure independence is what Taiwan covets, but don’t have.  If Taiwan were COMPLETELY independent, it would already be a UN and WHO member, instead of still applying for membership.  You are powerless to help Taiwan.  There are many real world barriers to de jure independence for Taiwan.  I’ve already posted those barriers in another posting.  China doesn’t need to do anything but allow Status Quo to run its course.  With 170 of the almost 200 countries supporting China, Taiwan is nowhere closes to even getting the issue on the UNGA agenda.  Better stick to more modest goals, since de jure independence is realistically out of reach for Taiwan.     

This year will be 15 consecutive failures at the UN.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-23 11:13:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by writevince at 2007-5-17 12:19
Talk is very cheap, coming from you , it is even cheaper.   170 countries blackmailed by china for cheap labor and business rights is just lip service.  
Why does all the countries sourrounding ch .China don't have the guts to start any wars , because china don't have any military allies to back her up.   In fact, russia, will occupy northern china , india will take souther china.  the USA will occupy beijing, and japan will be laughing so hard, japan will be rolling on the ground..

Nonsense!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.