Views: 3033|Replies: 5

We got him! Did the USA cause the Asian Tsunami to kill bin Laden? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-7 05:07:16 |Display all floors
Did the USA cause the Asian Tsunami to flood out Osama bin Laden?

The western end of Indonesia was one possible area that bin Laden might have been hiding.  Although most experts agreed that he wasn't likely to be there, they also said it would be nearly impossible to find him if he were because of the population density.  Bin Laden has eluded the USA for more than three years since 9/11, so in truth he could be anywhere.

Large tsunamis aren't caused by nuclear blasts, although small ones can be.  Large tsunamis are caused by earthquakes, and an underground nuclear blast can trigger an earthquake.  This is a fact learned from America's nuclear testing days, when underground tests would trigger temblors sometimes days after their detonation.  It's sort of like a pebble starting a rock slide or a sneeze that causes a snowslide.  If the conditions are right, the effect can be astounding.

The earthquakes caused by the testing of the 50's and 60's were usually small earthquakes, but they were often significant for the fault lines where they were triggered.  For example, a 3.0 earthquake isn't much, but if it occurs along a shallow fault line where earthquakes almost never happen then it's a something to notice.  The fault line where the Andaman earthquake occurred joined two major tectonic plates of earth.  As far as we know, no one has ever detonated an underground nuclear device on a major fault line that runs deep into the earth.  It's not difficult to guess that even desktop computers could accurately predict the effects, provided that the right data was available.  Well, maybe it's a stretch to think that just one desktop computer could be programmed to accurately predict a blast, its earthquake, and the size and direction of the resulting tsunami, but the USA isn't limited to using desktop computers.

My country, the USA, has many good people in its history, but its bad guys aren't found only just outside of government.  USA history also includes bad guys in government like Benedict Arnold, Aaron Burr, Aldrich Ames, Joseph P. McCarthy, and R. Philip Hanssen.  Could a group of Americans have taken it upon themselves to kill Osama bin Laden by detonating an under water nuclear bomb and causing the Andaman earthquake and its tsunami?  Like the chance that Osama bin Laden was hiding in Banda Aceh, it may not be likely, but it is possible that we got him... and a lot of other people too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-7 11:46:24 |Display all floors

"Did the USA cause the Asian Tsunami to flood out Osama bin Laden?"

how'd you know?

we caused the great flood, the extinction of dinosaurs, crucified jesus, killed yasar arafat and JFK, caused WWII, then when we got really bored and blew up our own buildings on 09/11...

the world is on to us...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-7 12:26:33 |Display all floors

America did not kill Jesus Christ.

America did not kill Jesus Christ.   America wasn't even around then.

But President Bush did say that he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-7 16:41:21 |Display all floors

"America did not kill Jesus Christ. America wasn't even around then."

now I know ur tricking me...

I know my history, buddy.  I went to the same highschool as shanhuang in shenzhen(i used to sell buritos there as well) and we both studied Evil America and the tactics they use to destroy the world...just ask shan and he'll tell you the same.  so you can't trick me...

I still got a copy of of the book we used in my senior year titled: Evil Bushisms and Evil America and the rest of the Evil West.

isbn = 666usa666west

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-7 21:27:04 |Display all floors

I'm not your buddy.

I'm not your buddy, but I will give you this tip: throw that old book out.  Some new chapters have been written based on material generously provided by the USA.

The days of using shrill Marixiist rhetoric against the USA are long gone.  My country has provided substantial amounts material for use against its own interests.  The USA's recent mis-steps delight its enemies, silence its friends, and deprive its own citizens of their most basic rights.

America isn't evil.  It's just so misguided that some folks could actually believe that creating an earthquake and tsunami to destroy Banda Aceh would help win the war on terrorism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-9 18:36:20 |Display all floors

America did not kill Jesus Christ. America wasn't even around then.

<<America did not kill Jesus Christ.
America did not kill Jesus Christ. America wasn't even around then.>>

Um, Matt, you should realise that MikeGhet (despite being an American - I think) has a pretty well developed sense of humour and understands concepts like sarcasm and irony.

If you look up those expressions you may realise just what and whom he was having a go at!

Cheers

JB

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.