Author: bttom731127

Inner Mongolia in China is being assimilated by Han. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-5 23:31:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-8-5 13:47

This only means China's schools are a disaster. Your kids don't learn to read and appreciate fiction, well-told imaginary stories.

BUt then again, you can ask any middle-schoolers whether t ...

Maybe you can go to a high school (not college) in America and ask them what they know about the authers on the list, what books did those authors writes ?

Hopefully, they will not bring up Scarlett Johnson's boobs .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 01:06:13 |Display all floors
The reason you don't know about them is pretty simple: literary education focuses on the classics because more people agree on them as canon (in part because they've been in so long). However, your average high school student in the US has read a lot more recent literature as part of their class. British literature, though, is pretty much still just Dickens, et al. In Britain, I'm sure that American literature stops with Twain or maybe Fitzgerald while their own literature crosses into more recent territory.

I forgot: Kurt Vonnegut. A lot of people hate him but enough love him.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 02:05:55 |Display all floors
Leonard Bernstein felt so sad he was remembered cuz of " West side story", not cuz of his symphony.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 04:46:11 |Display all floors

Actually...

Originally posted by ztoali at 8/4/2008 07:07 PM
Just have a better understanding of your culture, that will be good enough excuse ?

... more like saj2go raising hell about Muslim issues - right before the grenade incident this week.  Given that T iw n is quiet, along with Hong Kong - a sudden spike in Mongolian issues tends to make me think something had happened on the Mongolian/Chinese Border.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 08:34:35 |Display all floors

Reply #27 seneca's post

Hell, in China, The Carpenters are still hot and if I hear "Yesterday once more", I'm gonna go nuts!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 10:01:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-8-6 08:34
Hell, in China, The Carpenters are still hot and if I hear "Yesterday once more", I'm gonna go nuts!

What happened to KAren Carpenter???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-6 10:18:54 |Display all floors

Assimilation is the key to a harmonious society

All minorities in China should get smart and recognize that assimilation is the key to success and a better life.
Countering the goal of a harmonious society, fighting the majority is a losing battle.

Native american indians are assimilated in north america.  The Human Rights organization in New York should
recognize the benefit of assimilation, consequently promote tibetans to speed up assimilation into Chinese society.  
Human Rights' efforts to instigate separation or independence is a doomed failure, a hypocrisy that does not benefit
anyone in the end.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.