Author: bttom731127

Inner Mongolia in China is being assimilated by Han. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-5 08:18:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2005-1-4 11:37
If you want to experience the real Mongolian lifestyle you will have to move beyond Chinese settlements built over the past sixty or so years. What Chinese colonisers have made of Inner Mongolia is ...

I guess they  should stay poor to keep their traditions, so in case you go there that they will be able to entertain people like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 08:55:07 |Display all floors
Ztoali,

Allow me:

Writers past 1950: James A Michener, Thomas Pynchon, Saul Bellow, Sylvia Plath, Jack Kerouac, Alan Ginsberg, etc.

For composers, you'll have to look somewhere else, I'm not a music person.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 09:36:59 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-8-4 23:17

And you're the OXY-moron....

others  are telling you

& you are just BLIND
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 10:23:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-8-5 09:31

I will put it to you that the Han-Chinese are quite happy to see some of their 'backward' peoples in their traditional garb, 'dancing and singing' (the Chinese' idea of what keeps non-Hans 'hap ...

I guess you explain well why han chinese have to invest so much money in Tibet.. to see them dancing and singing.

Does that make sense to you ? I guess it does.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 10:26:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-8-5 08:55
Ztoali,

Allow me:

Writers past 1950: James A Michener, Thomas Pynchon, Saul Bellow, Sylvia Plath, Jack Kerouac, Alan Ginsberg, etc.

For composers, you'll have to look somewhere else, I'm n ...

If you ask a Chinese if he/she knows any of the authors you list, 99% of chance he doesnt know.

If you ask a Chinese if he/she know who Balzac is, 99% of chance, he knows

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 16:52:42 |Display all floors

Commom sense anyone ?

#21 Kiwi,

There are lots of Han Chinese from Shanghai to Hainan who " hate " the minority groups coming into the big smoke to compete with them in laboring and manual jobs .  There are lots of New South Walesmen who hate the Victorians for coming to take away their jobs . What has this got to do with the price of eggs ?

China is for the Chinese . The Hans do not have to love the other Hans too . I am curious as to why I am wasting time explaining the obvious . The 56 Chinese groups have thrown in their lots together . They know that they can either float together of sink separately .  So smarten up and stop stretching that  thin rubber band about Hans oppressing the others and each ethnic group should be allowed independence . The Maoris would love your philosophy mate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 17:21:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-8-5 16:52
#21 Kiwi,

There are lots of Han Chinese from Shanghai to Hainan who " hate " the minority groups coming into the big smoke to compete with them in laboring and manual jobs .  There are ...

Common sense is not so common - Confucious

But kiwie NO SENSE is all too COMMON
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.