Views: 11608|Replies: 25

AM I walking on the roundabouts of looking for jobs? Awaiting advice! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-29 12:44:47 |Display all floors
I'm a green hand in my company and working as overseas sales staff. Resulted from urgent handover of the position, I had no one to teach me how to accomplish all the details involved. And now, I have made quite a few mistakes because of carelessness or disorder or ignorance of what I'm doing.

After all, my deep interest is still in English---- to be an interpreter, or to learn more foreign languages and make full use of them in my post. As I have no passion for this position, I have been thinking of quitting frequently.

It is said most emplyees share the same experience: working on an unattractive position and knowing not how to better the situation. In my point of view, one should start his real career as early as possible to gain more and more experience to be qualified and professional; moreover, only on a position that one does love, he will develop all his passion and power to contribute.

It seems that I'm walking at the roundabouts on the road of looking for jobs, Could anyone give me some advice? Or just share with me your working experience----- what would u do when u feel down in work? Few years remains to be young and I do want to be in my favorite calling.

Email: francinevl@sohu.com
MSN: uniquelh@hotmail.com

Vicky

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-29 15:10:09 |Display all floors

i have the same feeling with you! i am not satisfied with  my present job either. but i don't know how to change. i am always in dilemma or contradiction. my boss hasn't a good impression on me, even if i am a hard-working person. i do a lot, i spend much time on my job, i myself feel that i have done my job well, but others don't  think so.
   i want to have a change, right or wrong, nobody knows!
   so just do your best!
   enjoy yourselves everyday!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-29 16:28:53 |Display all floors

Same feeling with both of you

Hello.
It seems i have got two friends here. because i have the same feeling with both of you.
I graduated from school this year, as you know, all people have an ideal job in their mind.
I'm a translator now. When i got this job, i thought my dream have came true. I paid all my passion on my job. But now i find i don't know what am i doing now. I act as a translator when we have customers here, i also act as a secretary, i should type out all the documents, but as a matter of fact, i don't need to do all of these job, i also do a lot of other things. i really very tired.
I thought my boss should be satisfied with me. Because i think i have done my utmost to do everything well. But he still can point out a lot of place he don't satisfied with.
I'm very depressing and confused now. i don't know what to do and how to do next.
Maybe find a new job is good for all of us.
Hope you two will be happy forever in the future. Let's come on.
I like a saying: if you think you can, you can!
I believe all of us can get a better future in the near future.
Come on!
2004122916280c39.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-29 18:48:57 |Display all floors

thanks for sharing

why? i just feel exactly the same way. Even if i work hard, my efforts could hardly be noticed. And still, I'm afraid a lot people feel so.

This is not a fair world, is that we really have to learn to adapt to the world b4 we grow up and succeed? I would rather give up than to force myself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-6 01:02:58 |Display all floors

Be happy whenever !

We should and can be more happy , though the world is not so good as we want it to be .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-12 23:13:08 |Display all floors

my 2 cents

如果你是事业行的女人吗,那另当别论。
对我来说,JOB stands for  "Just Over Broke". 只要每星期有paycheck存到我的帐户里面就行了。哪能事事都顺你的心呀?!即便是自己的公司也会遇到这样那样的不如意。凡是想开点。在我看来,做个好老婆,好妈妈是最enjoy的事。I recalled this in my memory bank, To be happy is the beginning of all schemes for making happy. Good luck everyone!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-13 00:01:58 |Display all floors

what i thought recently

i do not agree with you ,my 2 cents, though i am not a woman .working is working;life is life.i have the same experience on my jobs as a newcomer.first ,i now think we really should do the job with our full responsibilty,do the job perfect,doing job itself is objectively easy for us everyone,but it's some hard to do the job better than others....secondly,in my opinion ,it's the way the boss or so called leader do the manage, even your work is good.He would also point out some flaws of yours.  In all ,it will be more and more better with the time going and your efforts..believe me .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.