Views: 16319|Replies: 36

As an English learner, do you like western festivals? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-27 09:37:02 |Display all floors
Thanksgiving Day -----a meanful festival  , a good chance to express thanks for the luck and the help from your firends in this year! Before, as an english learner in my college, i only knew the Fools' Day and Christmas Day, but now ,suddenly i find there are so many interesting festivals to make you enjoy the warmth ,happiness and  fragrance of your familly in the west ! Compared to Chinese entertainment such as " 搓麻" or play cards , western people really know how to do some meaningful things to enjoy their festivals, i think ^ ^
what is your idea ,my friends? do you like western festivals ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-27 10:26:33 |Display all floors

Happy " Thanksgiving Day "

Which day is Thanksgiving Day?

Use magic tools Report

coffee_bean has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-27 10:41:08 |Display all floors

Today, hehe

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-27 10:45:18 |Display all floors

It is...

http://language.chinadaily.com.cn/festival.shtml

hope you like this featival ~~
happy everyday!!  ^ ^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-27 11:09:53 |Display all floors

ha,you are so careful

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-27 12:10:23 |Display all floors

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day started when the starving white people came to the US (America) and the people who already lived there (American Indians) taught them how to survive in the new land and a feast (big dinner) was had and the Indians brought food to feed the white invaders, the American Turkey was one of the birds that is eaten on this day in celebration of the Indians saving and feeding the whites from Europe. As a thank you to the Indians, the white people slaughtered millions of Indians in America, took their land and from that, we have what you see today on this side of the planet.

Half of my blood is of the American Indians my other half is white. I will sit down with my brother and family and we will remember our ancestors and give thanks for our food and our lives.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-27 14:41:57 |Display all floors

thankgiving DAY is a festival for only America

A few handreds  years ago, a group of  Britian came newland safely and get   some help from local indian's.So Nov.27 be as thanksgiving day that express thanking to local people and god.

As me ,I don't    like western festivals besides valentine's day. Because I am a chinese ,I have our national habbits and festivals.I like our spring festivals and I don't celebrate with families or friends on Chrismas day.I mind very much if my boyfriend give me a present on valentine's day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.