Views: 11146|Replies: 28

Setting record straight in Israel [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-9 11:30:32 |Display all floors
By and large, when it comes to the current undeclared war between Israel and the Palestinians, it's the Palestinian side that gets all the favorable press. The United Nations, in particular, is consumed with the issue of Israeli ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 01:31:49 |Display all floors

The whole article

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=19060

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 04:18:47 |Display all floors

Don't shoot the messenger!

" Palestinian side that gets all the favorable press. The United Nations is consumed with the issue of Israel..." you said.

Conspiracy I also hear you cry silently. The whole world just don't get it do they ? As a matter of fact the world is waking up and laughing at the emperor who is without clothes. For too long we have been manipulated ( and continue to be so treated ) by the western right wing zealots. Al-Jazeera is the prime example where another point of view may be canvassed and presented to the world. The neo-cons are livid at this of couse. They demand the banning of AZ on the grounds of ' fair play '. I was just about wetting myself with laughter.

The plight of the Palestinians, the brutal treatment of them in their homeground can no longer go unvoiced. The UN general assembly has consistently voted overwhelmingly in castigating the unconscionable and harsh treatment the Israelis are dishing out. But USA vetos it every time. The rest of the world must persist in focusing on this very dark corner of our human (mis)behaviour.

confucius say " there are always two sides, no matter how flat the pancake may be."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 07:14:57 |Display all floors

Can I retire to Israel?

All those pretty palm trees -- it looks like Singapore. Do I have to change my ethnicity and religion first? -- no problem, I used to be Catholic, but I never practised it.

After pancakes rise, they have an edge, the thicker the pancakes, the bigger the edge! Pancakes on the edge -- teetering this way and that, which way will they fall? I'm betting on Israel! What's the odds?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 23:59:01 |Display all floors

To mengzhi

_______
"confucius say " there are always two sides, no matter how flat the pancake may be.""
_______

Well,
your eyes can see 1 to 3 sides
confusius's mind can see 2 sides
but in fact a cancake has 6 sides and the thickness is primordial : if you tend it to zero, the pancake has only 2 sides

As you can see, the truth is different for everyone. My superiority over your analysis is that my truth take in account everone's truth.

_______
"The plight of the Palestinians, the brutal treatment of them in their homeground can no longer go unvoiced. The UN general assembly has consistently voted overwhelmingly in castigating the unconscionable and harsh treatment the Israelis are dishing out. But USA vetos it every time. The rest of the world must persist in focusing on this very dark corner of our human (mis)behaviour."
_______
Israelis are fighting to survive in a tiny state amid a sea of hateful arabs. The palestinian problem is an arabo-arab problem : they support the consequence of theyr choices ! There is 14 millions of km?to resolve the territorial problems of palestinians arabs, but all they want is Israel's land.
Is Israel so big that you can cut it to give extra land to the arab nation ???
20041210235924ff.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-11 06:19:55 |Display all floors

Israel

At first, there was nothing, then there was a piece of desert, now it is the Singapore of the Middle East. Amazing! To what could this be attributed? Is it really like pancakes? -- Where at first the frying pan has nothing, a little oil perhaps, and then some dough, and then some heat and it spreads across the pan and rises. Amazing! The size of the fying pan never seems much of a concern for pancakes, just add more dough! Maybe there is no analogy at all?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-28 14:55:29 |Display all floors

All this talk about pancakes is making me hungry

Step #1 - Have the Palestinians remove from their constitution that Israel is to be destroyed. How can Israel deal with people that want them dead? The U.N. should address this first, and then maybe peace can be found.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.