Author: joe_ng29

Serious Discussion [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-15 15:35:08 |Display all floors

OK, I admit, White-devil

I was playing a bit of  the devil's advocate.  Now, I generally agree with your assessment of East Asian traits, as I have observed this in China -- except the thing on monogamy.  Now, true, there's far far less divorce here than America, but Asian men are historically and inherently bigamists at heart.  Far more married Chinese men visit prostitutes and openly have mistresses than married American men.  So let's say the Asian women are monogamous and the men are another story.

Now, with regard to White traits -- genius and creativity.  Does this include Jews or simply Anglo-Saxon whites?  A lot of  advances in science and medicine are largely due to Jews, not to mention the whole entertainment world, music, etc.  And Tek has a point about different societies rising to prominance at different points in history.  LIke, who discovered Algebra?

More compassionate, humane, tolerant -- yes, I agree, particularly in constrast with Asians -- but I've always assumed this was due to Judeo-Christian heritage, not genetics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 16:11:12 |Display all floors

Someone strap Karen down so she does not rip my heart out.

:)

Dear Karen, Chinese Men are " REAL " men.

White western males are whimps.

This is what you said in a different fashion.

:)

Chinese men are what western men once were, before they were fixed.

Chinese men are still men, not some adjusted version such as the west.

Not some forced down and subjegated western womens slave.

Stay calm, the truth can hurt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 17:53:32 |Display all floors

Undermining the edifice

This discusion of racial characteristics is useful insofar as it frames a number of attitudes and beliefs that may soon be extinct.  Indeed, the very idea of racial characteristics (differences that be seen and measured in various ways) is quite inferior to the fact that the most telling characteristics of the human kind either cannot be seen and measured or are exceeding difficult to examine and comprehend.

In my opinion, intelligence is the lynchpin of the whole bloody paradigm, out-of-balance, tottering and ready to fall.  More to the point, when the contemporary paradigm of human nature does fall, China will be chief beneficiary of the change.     

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forumpost1.shtml?pid=236049

Feel free to engage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 18:00:28 |Display all floors

OK, I admit, karenb

Karen, I think about many of the question you raise when I’m posting, but I’m not able to explore everything.

Ok, with regards to monogamy, I was thinking about Chinese woman.  I don’t spend much time thinking about chinese men.  Hehehe But maybe you are right about chinese men.  Maybe they are like Korean and Japanese men.  When these men come to America on business the first thing they ask is where is the “red light” district.  Maybe chinese men will be the same as they gain more confidence and money.  But I do think this MAY be a cultural thing.  I do believe the oriental men raised in America are more monogamous then White men.  Also, I believe repeated studies have shown this.  

As for White versus jew genius.  I think this book tell it all:

Human Accomplishment: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences, 800 B.C. to 1950

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/006019247X/qid=1100510115/sr=2-3/ref=pd_ka_b_2_3/104-6906008-3129549

It seems clear the there are more jew geniuses.  The number of Nobel prizes they have won is remarkable.  Cannot deny the jew contribution to medicine.  But that may because some may smart jews are forced to be doctors by their over bearing mothers. 

But I would say that it is the White that is more creative.   

The jews have a genius for mastering language.  But still, most all the true great authors where White.  

I think it is clear that in the high arts the Whites display more creativity and genius.  Sure Mendelssohn and Mahler where geniuses but they were no Beethoven or Mozart.

Who invented algebra?   It was the Greek Diophantus of Alexandria.  I studied Diophantus equations so I know this to be true.  I know you want me to say the Arabs.  I will point out that Persia was a White area a couple centuries early.  I wonder what the true ethnicity of Kharazmi was?  Even today, over 1,000 years later there are some obvious White characteristic in the Iranian population. And some Iranian still claim to the Aryans.  But obviously there is a lot of colored genetic material in the Iranian gene pool.  The word Iranian comes from Aryan BTW.  

Hopefully, the new “Alexander the Great” movie will depict the Persians of that time as being White.

Go to this link and search for algebra to get some perspective.
http://www.mwillett.org/atheism/islamicgoldenage.htm

I don’t want to get into talking about popular art forms (movies etc) with regards to genius.  

I do not really (fully) agree with you analysis of the role Judea-Christianity play in the compassionate, humane, tolerant characteristics of the White.  I believe the religion easily adapted to the nature of the White.  I believe the main reason for these traits in White is an evolutionary characteristic that evolved as product of surviving the ice age.   Like everything there is a genetic and environment aspect.  I feel with most aspects of human nature it is at least 90% genetic and the rest environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 18:14:40 |Display all floors

Reply: Undermining the edifice

Not sure what your point is but is sounds interesting.  Can you be more specific?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 19:42:35 |Display all floors

[beholder]
May I correct you? Horses (Equus caballus) and Donkeys (Equus asinus) are NOT of the same species. They may be of the same genus, but that is a horse of a different color (groan, apologies). It is somewhat surprising that this needs pointing out to you, and given the potentially charged nature of this thread, I wonder why you overlook the point.
[cestmoi]
Yes, very good, well done!
Classifications by genus, species, sub-species etc are based on outward appearances and physical characteristics.
You are talking about classifications.
Genetic is the study of genes and chromosomes and is not based on the physical attibutes of the subject, but it can explain the differences in outward appearances as well as the cause of many diseases e.g. gene mutation causes Alzsheimer.  
I am talking about genetics.
Don't confuse the two.
So what is the name for a cross  between "Equus caballus" and "Equus asinus" ?  From the point of view of genetics, the issue is with the "scrambled" genetic code of the mule which renders it almost impossible to breed true. That is to say, a mule cannot breed with another mule. In evolutionary terms, this is a dead-end.

[tekvicious]
I wasn't even going to join this discussion till someone pointed out the error in the horse and donkey B.S. Try breeding an Arabian and a Belgian...no problem there.
[cestmoi]
Re-read my posting. Sei nicht so stur und rechthaberisch !

[white-devil]
I will point out that Persia was a White area a couple centuries early. I wonder what the true ethnicity of Kharazmi was? Even today, over 1,000 years later there are some obvious White characteristic in the Iranian population.
[cestmoi]
Yes, even Hitler acknowledged that these were the original Aryans. Successive waves of migration (Voelkerwanderung) from the East to Europe created a rich, biological diversity. Don't tell the Australians, their government believe Persians and Chinese are racially one group of people, we are all "Asians" to them

[white-devil]
Could there be genetic reason why the White countries are the richest? Could there be a reason why Whites made 99% of significant advances in science, technology, and mathematics? Could there be a genetic reason Whites are tolerant enough to let so many known White into their nations?
[cestmoi]
Since the cultural suicide of China after the Ming dynasty (thanks to the imperial court lackeys and a series of accidents), the baton passed onto Europe. Indeed the last millenium has been a "white millenium".
There is no genes that I'm aware of, or any other research institutions are aware of, that make "whites" more intelligent or compassionate. A lot of these laboratories have brilliant Asians working there - silent achievers.
Indeed, judeo-christianity is an aggressive religion with a patriachal religious stricture whereas buddhism is a pacifist, compassionate and forgiving religion.
Question is what will the next millenium bring?  My money is on the rebirth of China.

[dubina]
In my opinion, intelligence is the lynchpin of the whole bloody paradigm, out-of-balance, tottering and ready to fall.
More to the point, when the contemporary paradigm of human nature does fall, China will be chief beneficiary of the change.
[cestmoi]
Bring on the paradigm shift   !

QUESTION: How many people on this particular  thread are actually Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-15 19:55:11 |Display all floors

and another thing...

"Whites" have caused all the religious wars: 7-year war, 30-year war etc. At one time there were 3 popes!

"Whites" have caused all the world wars.

"Whites" were and still are responsible for the genocides and extinctions of a lot of tribes and "races" from the conquistadors in South America to the First Fleet landing in Australia. How fare the Aborigines now?

"Whites" have set out to exploit the rest of the human race, the epoch of predatory colonialism in Africa and East Asia was one of the worse epoch, whereas during the Ming dynasty, the emporer gave strict orders that natives were to be treated with respect and gifts to be made to them.

"Whites" were the only people who systematically kidnapped and enslaved other races, from Africa to Australia.

Hmmm, food for thought ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.