Author: snidley

How to become a Chinese Citizen? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-31 20:57:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whirlingone at 12-31-2006 20:49

No, you are mistaken. The fact is RoC put a very strict regulation on mainland students going to study in Taiwan. It's RoC that is afraid of its safety.

that was a year ago i said that.  i've already learned otherwise since.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 00:06:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gtnbia at 2005-1-9 13:12
Becoming a Chinese citizen is almost impossible, and it wouldn't be a good idea.

If you marry a Chinese citizen, you'll receive a long-term residency permit that will allow you to stay in the country, rent an apartment, and so forth. If you stay in China for a really long time after you're married, then you can apply for longer-term residency.  

First of all, although there is a nationality law in China that states people can apply for Chinese citizenship, there are no implementation regulations.  The only people who are routinely approved for Chinese citizenship are those who were once Chinese citizens, gave up their citizenship to immigrate and now wish to return.  For any others, there is almost no chance.

If you marry a Chinese citizen you will not get a long-term residence permit.  You will get a tourist "L" visa which allows you to stay in China for one year.  This "L" visa, however, does not allow you to work and you must report your residence to the local police station.  

Once you have been married for at least 5 years and have subsequent to marriage lived in China for at least 5 years (no less than 9 months each year), you may apply for permanent residence.  Approximately 95% who apply are rejected because in addition to marriage and length of stay requirements, there are a few other requirements that are not at all easy to meet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-18 21:04:10 |Display all floors
You should apply for your greencard and not give up your citizenship....
Even if you give up your citizenship you will always be a lao wai to the locals...
In fact, nothing will change for you...
If you work here it's rather better that you are an American and can speak fluent Chinese...
And the greencard is valid for ten years which will cover that five year period to apply for
a long term residence later...
It's better to always keep your options open...
I'm in the same boat... I have no desire to return to America but that won't stop me
from buying a house in America at some point and applying for a job in a western based company
in China when my Chinese is worthy so that, like the Chinese mind, I leave some
good ties and money for future offspring...
You'll do much better to just leave it alone and work on building your future here in China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 04:55:46 |Display all floors

Reply #6 marybeijing's post

ugh actually ur wrong, im a chinese citizen and i dont have that hard of a time to travel and stuff. China is on pretty good terms with most countries i mean  seriously. Do u have proof that chinese passports are most disgriminated? and well itll be harder for him if he/she doesnt become a chinese citizen, cause he'll probably have to report to the police alot. Im not sure if thats only for foreigners maybe permanent residents dont have to. but it wont be easy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-12 01:52:29 |Display all floors

becoming a chinese citizen

I agree with losing the US citizenship and becoming a Chinese citizen. I worked in China for awhile and I now consider China my home. I never felt the
peace of life  living in America like I did when I lived in China. I don't know who
thought of the false concept that being born in America means you have to die
in  America.

If it's about money, that comes and goes. One cannot live their life focused
on some stupid little pieces of paper. Life is more than just living to have. That
is the biggest misconception. But, it's your life. You do what you feel is the best
for your  life.

But there is one other who agrees with you and stands with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-12 07:26:08 |Display all floors

HOW TO BECOME A CHINESE CITIZEN ??

Well, I can't offer advice on how to become an ordinary Chinese citizen, however if you wished to style yourself after the Changabula/ Buddy35/ cartkingsky  uber patriot types then I would suggest a surgically inserted chip on shoulder and a lobotomy would be a start.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-12 09:42:55 |Display all floors
ok,i would like to be an american citizen if them guarantee me my vote for AOBAMA will be counted:0

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.