Author: snidley

How to become a Chinese Citizen? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-9 09:14:56 |Display all floors

My opinion

While I agree that China is a nice place to live, I don't agree in giving up your U.S citizenship.  It would be the biggest mistake you make.  Take perminant residency.  At least with that, any major illness or so on you can go back home and treated properly.  Even though health care in your country is not much better than China, it is still better.  Things like this are the reason to keep it.  Also, keep your citizenship and if you do something wrong or falsely accused then most of the time you will get deported.  Become a Chinese citizen and end up with the death penalty or worse . . . . . in their prison.  I'm not saying you will do anything wrong but it wouldn't be the first time the wrong person gets the blame.  

That is just my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2005-1-9 13:12:52 |Display all floors

US passport

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-9 18:44:33 |Display all floors

"RoC government forbids PRC citizens from visiting Taiwan)."

gtnbia, i always heard the opposite...PRC doesn't allow its citizens to visite RoC.

infact, I thought I even read how RoC students can attend school on the mainlnad, but not the other way around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-2 06:43:23 |Display all floors

Citizenship

I feel the same way and I am looking for the same info. Would you please tell me the info too when you find it. Shoko

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 17:07:25 |Display all floors
I'm still thinking about this - anyone have any experience with this kind of thing since I first posted about it in 2004?

Snidley

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 17:16:15 |Display all floors

i remember saying this to someone 2+ years ago and they thought i was crazy

i rmember an American that was teaching in China telling me it's nearly impossible.  that you have to know Chinese very well and some other things.  not sure if tthis is true.

but, once you give up your citizenship it's perm dude. i personally wouldn't do it no matter what 9think about family back in the states), especially since (i think) you can get some kind of residency permit if you are married to a chinese national.  again, not sure on that, but some expats told me that.

you must come back and tell us if you do it.... ;-)

-------------------------
here ya go

contary to what i heard, it doesn't seem too difficult according to this:
http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/40499

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-31 06:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 20:49:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2005-1-9 18:44
gtnbia, i always heard the opposite...PRC doesn't allow its citizens to visite RoC.

infact, I thought I even read how RoC students can attend school on the mainlnad, but not the other way around.

No, you are mistaken. The fact is RoC put a very strict regulation on mainland students going to study in Taiwan. It's RoC that is afraid of its safety.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.