Views: 31229|Replies: 39

How to become a Chinese Citizen? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-11 04:27:58 |Display all floors
I am an American, and I have been living in China for 2 years.  Though I love America, I do not intend to go back.  I like it here.

Perhaps there is many reasons, from the basic lifestyle, to political.

I am interested in becoming a Chinese citizen... that is, giving up my American citizenship and passport, and becoming "Chinese".

I plan to marry a Chinese next year.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, what the procedure is?

Thanks in advance,

Snidley

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-11 07:44:34 |Display all floors

One must be careful about such post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-11 11:47:00 |Display all floors

live here 6 years

live here 6 years, it helps to marry chinese, as the procedure is a personal, and case by case one..

renounce you american citizenship at the u.s. consolate, give up your american passport

you will never be american again, and it may be very difficult for u to get a u.s. visa in your prc passport, more difficult for u to travel to western countries, taiwan, s. korea,  and japan

and have a long list of patriotic reasons why you wish, to DEFECT from the u.s., and democracy to become apart of communist china.

are willing to abide by every law it enacts, and face punishment under its judicial system, having only the rights your fellow countrymen have

be able to explain how your presence here would benefit china, and why you wont damage the sytem with your ideas, your ideas, beliefs, desires, and opinions must be known, or you will end up in prison or dead.

and you should have a good explanation for your mother who grew up hating everything communism stands for as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-11 20:50:24 |Display all floors

Welcome to China!

Welcome to stay in China permanently. I take this opportunity to tell you that China is the most fantastic Country in the world. We have prosperous economic growth and many opportunities for job finding. Of course, promising business is provided as well.

We Chinese are one of the elite races in the world. We are friendly and diligent. We love charity, forsake hostility.

I promise you will have a promising business getting around here.

Good luck and welcome!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-12 10:51:10 |Display all floors

In the 1960's, many south east Asians returned to China

to help build their "motherland", a place they had never seen before, but they felt they knew her because of the stories passed on to them by their forefathers, who sailed down south from China in search of a better living decades before that.

Ummmmmmm, were they happy with their decisions ?

Chinese passport holders are the most discriminated against whenever they go. Unless you plan to spend the rest of your life in China and not go anywhere else, I suggest you only apply for permanent residence.

Anyway, I doubt the Chinese government will grant you citizenship. They have no labour shortage you know : )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-23 15:12:43 |Display all floors

wait and see

congratulation! if you are going to marry a Chinese what makes you hurry about. it's taking time to involve many thing in China. like culture difference, living habit and so on.
  if i am not interrup where are you come from?  how many years do you living here?
  anyway take you time to learning more here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-23 17:18:23 |Display all floors

I would never renounce my american citizenship for a chinese one....living there

"Welcome to stay in China permanently. I take this opportunity to tell you that China is the most fantastic Country in the world. We have prosperous economic growth and many opportunities for job finding. Of course, promising business is provided as well.

We Chinese are one of the elite races in the world. We are friendly and diligent. We love charity, forsake hostility.

I promise you will have a promising business getting around here.

Good luck and welcome!

"

good luck with humble people like travelfreak LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

sorry, i had to...

"Chinese passport holders are the most discriminated against whenever they go. Unless you plan to spend the rest of your life in China and not go anywhere else, I suggest you only apply for permanent residence."

Interesting...I read an article about this..I think it was a singaporean paper that said the same thing...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.