Author: besonders

高级轿车 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-2 11:06:45 |Display all floors

Luxury Sedan

When I was working as a concierge, I dealt with Sedans and Limos on a daily basis... esp. during Presidential Inauguration.

Sedan usually is a 4-door luxury car, it's much roomier than a car, rides very smoothly. Most popular sedans in D.C. or NYC is black Lincoln Sedan.

Limousine ususally is a stretched, 6 or more passenger vehicle. The longest limo I've ever seen here is 25 passenger, it's quite ugly to be honest. But many pop stars like to ride around in one of these things.

A sedan and a limo usually have similar sized trunk. However in daily American English, if I get a call from someone to tell me to arrange a limo pick up from the  airport, I know usually they mean to have a sedan and a driver. People sometimes use limo as if they were shuttle or use it as a different word of "transportation."

A limousine in Chinese technically is "Jia Chang Jiao Che."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.