Views: 5788|Replies: 19

I met my husband online! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-24 03:53:03 |Display all floors
Yes, we met online and exchanged hundreds of emails before we first talked over the telephone... then he drove into the city to meet with me for dinner or a show... We dated for a year and a half, and got married last year in November.

The reason I'd like to share my own experience is that I see a lot of people are here to meet friends, and maybe that someone special... You know all great things take efforts. If you only give out your email, and sit back expect that person to email you back, you're limiting your chances of knowing someone who's great.

In my case, I had 20 males giving me their emails, when I corresponded with them, I only wrote to 3; then concentrated on cultivating the new friendship between me and Dave (my husband's name).

Make sure you have so many contacts that you can follow up with within your permited schedule. Talk to your new friends on the phone if both agree to; or even get together and watch a movie or a show or do something both of you are interested in, when wallet permitting of course.

It is true that you can never have too many friends. A plant needs sunshine and water, the seed of friendship needs a lot of nurturing as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-25 09:38:21 |Display all floors

Funny

Interesting experience!  I think the way you turn your friendship into love is great and much better than those who starts to get a kind of relationship.Love is mutual understanding and attraction. And this can be only achieved through years of communication and endless efforts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-25 11:01:03 |Display all floors

where do you find him on the web?

i mean some of them are   phony.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-25 11:18:12 |Display all floors

Thanks for your advice!

Congraduations!

Your experience is very romantic!

Thanks for your advice!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-25 11:22:33 |Display all floors

how romanitc

i think every girl want to have an expericence like you. at least, i eager to have one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-25 12:02:46 |Display all floors

Where we met...

I met Dave at www.washingtonpost.com when I was living in downtown Washington, D.C. He lived in a house, now our home, in Northern Virginia. He drove over an hour to come to the city to meet with me so we could have dinner or watch a show, then he would drove all the way home, cuz he has two dogs waiting for him...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-28 10:57:34 |Display all floors

Jupiter's bless

What a happy couple!! And treasurable memory too!!
Living in an IT century, you can never too daydreaming to have something happen!! Love seems to be able to penetrate any kinds of barriers. coutries, distance, ethnic, culture, to say some.
I have an unusual experience of love similar to yours!! But through messages instead of via mail!! Still feel sweet when thinking of now!!
Thanks Jupiter!! And God bless you!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.