Views: 43419|Replies: 189

Chinese girl in US looking for friends. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-18 09:21:53 |Display all floors
Hi all, glad to see a forum like this. I'm originally from Shanghai area, now living just outside of Washington, D.C. in USA. Would like to meet friends through this and share our experiences in life, language, culture, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 09:45:26 |Display all floors

Hi!

I've lived in Washington D.C. for many years.  Welcome to ChinaDaily.  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 09:51:47 |Display all floors

Nice to meet you

Hi ,nice to meet you
      I  am an  engineer of mobile phone  design, my english name is  raymondy . and I fell that i cannot communicate  with oversea  client  freely   in  spoken  english. I  think   your  spoken english  is  very  well,can you introduce  some  experiences  to  me  or  tell  me  some
exciting  things  in  USA.
       i  wish  we  can become good friends  in the future,
my  email address;  zmyu@xwoda.com.cn
                  raymondy   Oct.18

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 10:00:19 |Display all floors

Thanks Wayves!

Thank you for extending your warm welcome!
I've been living in the DC area for six years, absolutely love it. Not a fan for politics, just enjoy the multi-culture and ethnic restaurants.

My English name is Irene, BTW.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 10:08:00 |Display all floors

One day at a time...

Hi Raymondy,

I remember the first day I arrived in Newark airport in New Jersey, US... first I thought I was flying to New York, cuz the service staff pronounced "Newark" so similar, to me, to the sound of "New York."

Then they told me to catch a "coach" to my next destination... I learned that "coach" means a big bus as well as a sports game coach.

So to learn spoken English, it's better to interact with people who speak English on a daily basis... I think what you're doing already provides a good venue for this. Just take one day at a time... If you don't understand what the other person says, ask, people are usually very friendly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 10:15:58 |Display all floors

Yes, DC

really does have a multi-cultural population.  You can find just about any sort of ethnic food you can think of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-18 10:37:43 |Display all floors

Welcome!

Hi,Irene!
Welcome here.
I am in Shenzhen, which is also a multicultural city with people from all around China.
Hope we can exchange information and opinions cross China and US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.