Views: 2535|Replies: 6

about "forigen newspaper and magazine" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-13 18:19:10 |Display all floors
I want to improve my english especially my thinking direction, every friends told me you should read a lot of forign newspaper and magazine. so I want do it.

all friends in here, would you like introduce some newspaper or magazin or website to me?

thanks~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-13 18:23:11 |Display all floors

I can introduce you some mag.

But where you can buy the mags. in China? I doubt it. Yeah, internet probably is the easiest way. Here you go... www.timesonline.co.uk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-13 18:30:51 |Display all floors

FYI

www.newsweek.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-13 18:36:47 |Display all floors

Advice

I'm glad you're talking in terms of "foreign newspapers". Have you ever heard people saying "one size doesn't fit all"? Only you can decide which one is good and which one is bad after reading them. But try to find something published in English speaking countries. I'm not pointing the finger at Chinese newspapers, but you'd better learn English from native English writers. Also, you need to pay attention to collocations, articles, prepositions and phrasal verbs in paticular because they're the hardest parts for people from non-English background.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-13 23:22:33 |Display all floors

一点拙见

如果是做翻译工作的话最好看中英双语对照的杂志,这样你会对中国特色文字如何用英文处理有个感觉。否则,光看人家原版的英文报刊,学得再好,遇到中国特色浓厚的文字要翻译,立马晕菜,平时积累的英语词汇就不知该怎么用了。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-14 18:08:11 |Display all floors

thanks my dear friends~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-14 18:44:45 |Display all floors

我的体会

从简单的笑话、幽默故事看起,看懂是不行的,还需要能说上来。先把它翻译成汉语,再根据你的汉语翻译成英语,与原文进行对照,看看差距在哪。

书面英语的思维与汉语思维有差别,但是比较小。越是贴近生活,思维方式差别越大。

例如听到有人敲门,我们就开门,我们喜欢说open the door,固然不错,但是native speaker倾向于用answer the door. 这就是差别。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.