Views: 1422|Replies: 0

Chinese Green Card [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-5 04:50:34 |Display all floors
Hello I am an American living in New York and I want to thank the nice people in the Chinese Government for allowing greater freedom to foreigners living in China. When I traveled to China about seven years ago, I was always stopped and asked to show my ID. I felt as if I was looked upon with suspicion. But now, I can feel that China is becoming a more open society and is truly finally starting to enter the world society. I would like to hear the opinions of regular Chinese or foreigners about these so called "green cards".

I would also want to know about freedom of movement and lodging? For example it was almost impossible to get into a cheap hotel when I visited Szechwan. They kept telling me foreigners were not allowed. Though I never found such law existed, the government posted today in the China Daily that such ban was lifted. So was there such a law to begin with?

Another one, I had two foreign classmates who were married. And the hotels would not let them stay together in the same room because they were too young!! Incredible. Also when I visited XiAn I couldn't visit a lot of placed because it was restricted.

Let me also reiterate how open minded China has become. If one were to enter Japan or Korea. (Taiwan is very foreign friendly by the way) You would notice that these two countries are very Xenophobic (means anti-foreigner). I think great and wonderful things are waiting for China in the future because of these things. I really moved.

Your comments in English or in Chinese are appreciated.

Thank you,

American55

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.