Author: anelca31

the high priest of vintage Bentleys 这是什么意思呀????? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-29 18:30:28 |Display all floors

background

Well, it appears we're going to go over some history of the automobile industry today. To understand this, again, you need a bit backgrund. Lagonda is a car company for which Mr. Bentley ( of course, the person in whose name the trade mark "Bentley" was named) worked during and after World War II. Now you can see, the sentences are actually talking about this period of history. The factory stopped manufacturing cars because they were used to produce weapons or tanks. But this Bentley car ( called "she/her" in the passage) were produced and exported by the company Lagonda to make money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 11:00:39 |Display all floors

good info

it seems that hungryjack is an automobile engineerer.
i am very interested in automobile especial the sports car
it my pleasure if i can make friends with you
could you like to add me to your msn list?
mine is lts_grx@hotmail.com
or input your msn,then i add you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 11:28:36 |Display all floors

THk

Thank you and it's so nice to meet you on-line. I'm not a sports car buff nor an engineer. I just happened to know those things since I bought a car last year and I love documentaries.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.