Views: 213131|Replies: 112

"I Can't Breathe"!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-6-8 11:07:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2020-6-8 11:26

The death of African American George Floyd at the knee of white policeman Derek Chauvin with his fellow officers looking on, has exposed US human rights abuses glaringly to the rest of the world!  Across the Atlantic in Germany, UK, etc and across the Pacific in South Korea, Australia and New Zealand, protesters marched under the slogan, "I can't breathe," to send a clear message to the US that the world will not tolerate its human rights and institutionalized abuses of minorities!  The beacon of democracy, and the so-called champion of human rights has nowhere to hide now.  The US should set its own house in order before pointing an accusing finger at other nations, particularly China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 11:39:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2020-6-8 14:20

Watching the video of George Floyd slowly dying, screaming out, "I can't breathe", gasping for breath under the knee of white policeman Chauvin made me choke up, and I too felt, "I can't breathe"!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 14:29:51 |Display all floors
re: “ US  should set its own house in order before pointing fingers at other nations.”

Dismantling Minneapolis police is like replacing one tile on a 200 year old leaking roof.

The White House is in desperate need to be replaced.
One person will never get Uncle Sam out of his misery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 15:35:33 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2020-6-8 14:29
re: “ US  should set its own house in order before pointing fingers at other nations.”

Dismantli ...

The writing is on the wall; Trump's days at the WH are numbered!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 15:37:07 |Display all floors

Dismantli ...

Cities are also dismantling Confederate statues, the shameful symbols of slavery!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 16:13:35 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2020-6-8 15:35
The writing is on the wall; Trump's days at the WH are numbered!

I don't think so. Such violent protests , if anything, only heighten America's racial problems, given that lots of shops owned by Asian people  have been looted. Other than that, some old buildings located in Philadelphia  have been defiled by mobs. A local editor even  got fired after his newspaper published an article decrying vandalism, just like the New York Time's opinion page editor James Bennet, who was forced to resign after the Times published an article written by a Trump's supporter.

I'd venture to say that it's only a matter of time before  resentments against such protesters boil over. That's good news for Trump because  most white , Latino and Asian voters may be tempted to vote for him instead of Joe Biden if black and white radicals keep setting shops on fire or attacking constables.

After all, non-black people  think that their lives and assets  also matter.

Just a thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-6-8 16:17:20 |Display all floors

Dismantli ...

With past presidents and ex generals criticising him, Trump would have a tough time trying to retain his seat in the WH.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.