Views: 33440|Replies: 6

What is the spirit of Chinese martial arts [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-3-12 22:11:30 |Display all floors
As the terrible novel coronavirus might launch an attacking to us at anytime, it is urgent to learn martial art to strengthen the body for the improvement of self-defence ability against the natural disaster. The simple Chinese character  (wu)stands for ‘martial art’.    Why?  Its bottom part is a special form of 止 which looks like your two legs and feet. In this word the last horizon line goes upward that shows one foot is overtaking the other one:The master is moving the body fast!;
The remaining part of 武(excepting 止)is a changed form of 戈 which was an ancient weapon in the hand for fighting. It seems that the ‘knife’ is being waved around your upper-body. So the whole character 武 looks like the hero in the movie who is performing martial art while you can't see his true face since the flying the weapon has hidden the main part of the body!

(SEARU's recent few posts have something to do with the epidemic those had become the most viewed threads in the forum. Thanks our editors for the highlighting and readers‘ appreciation. All drive me take this hard topic for discussion with friends here. It is meaningful to reveal the living soul of the chinese physical training exercises. I wish the success with your taking part in the program! )

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-14 00:23:58 |Display all floors
I have spent the whole day on considering how to make further explaining to the thread since what it concerns is really quite complicated! There are too many sets of the so-called martial arts everywhere in China. Different masters have their different teaching materials and methods for training. I think audiences should not be puzzled by the flowery performing in movie or on TV. We must invent our own programs those should be practical for the urgent need against the epidemic. SEARU has done it in this way for many days recently. The principal is that as the following:
You are allowed to 'dance' as a bird, monkey, bear, crane, tiger, etc.  The aim is to increase the lung-volume. We must try to    activate each of the joints and strengthen every muscle of the body. As you do the lessons step by step in low pace, you should have a nice controling on breathing. Expel the poison waste gas out and take in the fresh oxygen.  
In order to achieve a good result from the practice, we have to do it with the biggest strength as we can. For an example:That master can halve a brick into two pieces with the bare hand as knife. How much oxygen and ‘petrol’ he had focused inside the arm for an instant burning as the car-engine to offer the energy?  We must do whole heartly.
Always suppose that there is a heavy iron ball in the hand which you must hold on all the time. I wish I can push the mountain down. I turn the hands into hawk claws with which I could pick up heavy animals for food.  

(Just now, for relaxation I shook the shoulders. Some joints around the chest striked each other that gave out some sound  I could hear. Do you believe? )
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-16 07:16:41 |Display all floors
                      Are you subhealthy
Subhealth is a state between being healthy and ill. In other words about eighty-percent of people are not as strong as we think although they have nothing to do with medicine or medical service living as a ‘normal’ man in appearance. What is the bottom story behind the phenomenon? One of the reasons should be the imbalance of oxygen and carbon-oxide within the blood. Most of us are lack of the important food oxygen and poisoned by the overdose of the carbon-oxide. In Chinese 氧(oxygen)consists of 气(gas)and 羊(goat).   Our ancestors took goats as one of the best nutritious food.

(Have to quit here due to work reason. To be continued. I wish some doctors offer me a hand on the professional point.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-16 12:36:41 |Display all floors
            Can you do resting in the right way
Is it a joke for that there are many TV programs in which experts teach you how to completely wash your hands in seven steps?

Learning how to walk is the business for kids. But that carpenter always walked like flying who lived to 94 years old. His secret was that he leaked the upper-part of the body a bit forward that special pose drove him walk ahead in faster pace than others. I have an early blog for the detailed information.  If we do the similar action to the arms just as the bat or swan, how large lung-volume could we win?

It seems that there is much space for improvement to rest ourselves well.  It is not positive if you leave yourself as a log after heavy job.  We have 休息 for “rest”.  The first character insists of a man and a piece of wood; the second word is ‘self’ 自on the ‘heart’ 心.  How can we do to get the level that you have put yourself on the 'mind'?  We must do nice breathing (好好喘一口 in Chinese).  Totally blow out of the waste gas out of the body and take in the fresh air through hard martial arts. We do all means to enrich the oxygen elements to the blood. I can sense the increase of my strength benifited from practice on breathing in the recent days. 力气 means “strength”: The first word 力 looks like the two strong legs plus two arms which refers to your body; 气 is how much of gas you can get in for power just an engine. The more air is blown into the stove, the higher flame you will see. Before the corona-virus, we have to prepare ourselves in good condition for the challenge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-19 12:28:14 |Display all floors
Most of Chinese experts on martial arts do lessons in low pace. Perform actions with a good controling on breath.  Make sure activate each muscle and joint. At the sametime exhale the waste gas and absorb enough nutritious oxygen. We can imagine that what happens in the red river of the blood vessels.  The internal environment for each cell will become quite green for living.  You can feel that the body is full of power.  It is said  that master could (upside-down) stand on his two fingers of his right hand while the feet pointing to the sky! This is the true story behind the military training.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-19 21:49:36 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2020-3-19 12:28
Most of Chinese experts on martial arts do lessons in low pace. Perform actions with a good controli ...

About "stand on his two fingers of his right hand while the feet pointing to the sky!"
          stand on the two fingers of his right hand while the feet pointing to the sky!

We Chinese emphasize too much on the internal gas balance of the body through movements. Don't be cheated by your own eyes when watching some martial arts programs on TV.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-21 17:21:10 |Display all floors

What's the meaning of the Chinese proverb

In the martial arts circle there is such a saying: '外练筋骨皮,内练一口气. " In appearance you do lessons on some martial arts which will drive you become stronger on the blood vessels, bones and skin; In the meantime what taking place inside of the body should be that you must have a good adjusting on breathing: A nice gas-environment can offer you enough energy for the hard performance.  (The powerful muscles act as a reservoir which can absorb huge amount of oxygen with the least waste gas that is ideal condition for the ‘fish’ of your each cell. )
Through this sentence we see that ‘breath-controling’ counts half of your success on martial arts. In the special period of fighting against the coronavirus, it is necessary for us to better understand the secret of Chinese martial culture.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.