Views: 209040|Replies: 19

How to strengthen your lungs against the epidemic [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-2-29 15:26:11 |Display all floors
Last night I received a message on WeChat from my colleague which going like this: Some of those patients in critical condition may face serious breathing problem whose lungs have been badly infected by viruses. Some water-like liquid may occupy much of the inner space of the lungs. The master is struggling for oxygen who crying to the doctor for help!
I can't help tearing for the scene. That drives me think a lot.  Why not strengthen our body first for the possible attacking by the virus?

(To be continued)
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-2-29 21:50:53 |Display all floors
The story took place in 1986 when I was in the university. One scholar (Tom)was invited to our physics department for making a report, whose appearance showed us he was about sixty years old. To everyone‘s surprise, he was already a 80-year-old man who can still climb up the Mountain Tai with ease!  Why was he so healthy and powerful?  We could not help shouting in wondering.
The master explained in this way: In the mortal world for work and living, you may meet with many people and kinds of difficulties. You mostly feel tired after hard work. Your mindset are not always keeping balance. All show that there may be some “evil gas” existing within your body. I have a secret weapon to adjust my mood and keep the body healthy. That is 屏气法(holding-on-gas-method).  Now I explain it in detail:
First, try to release yourself from the physical reality. Just take yourself as a monk or kid who care nothing for a while. A pure mindset is the pre-condition for the following practice;

a.  Try to blow out all the gas inside the lungs till you feel the chest is totally empty. Hold on
     without any breathing;
b.  Quickly breathe in the fresh air ( that process lasts 10 seconds or so);  
c.   Hold on the state without breathing (which bearing may takes 20 seconds.)
d.  Exhale the inside air as slowly as possible since the process lasts as long as half a minute.
e.  (In fact now you are in urgent need of oxygen. ) You have to breath in new air in few
     seconds and go on for the second round of the special physical training on lungs.

(SEARU had written about the therapy in some articles but can't find it.)
Dear reader friends, please take my advice from which you will benifit a lot in the future! Believe me!

a.
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-1 17:25:24 |Display all floors
Just now I have summarized the mainpoints of the text above and sent a advice-message to my relatives and friends in the WeChat circle. That note goes like this:
屏气法:
1) 吸气10秒;
2)屏住呼吸20秒; 
3)缓慢呼气30秒 

当憋得慌,再吸气。重复以上步骤,周而复始。锻炼十分钟。可增强心肺功能,提高抗病毒免疫力。

If you are native Chinese, please copy it and spread it among your friends through cellphone. Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-2 21:27:16 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2020-3-1 17:25
Just now I have summarized the mainpoints of the text above and sent a advice-message to my relative ...

Now let me put the Chinese note above into English for foreign friends as following:

Breathing-controling method for health:
a.  Inhale as much air as possible for ten seconds;
b.  Hold on breathing for twenty minutes;
c. Slowly exhale the gas in the lungs that process lasts 30 seconds at least. Please insist on and don't inhale
    till you can't bear it any longer.
Then repeat the actions again and again in cycles.  You may keep training for ten minutes as you wish.  Such practice can strengthen the function of the lungs and the heart. Certainly that is benifit for you to improve fighting ability against the COVID-19.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-2 22:46:12 |Display all floors

The word ‘lung’ is more interested beyond your imagination

In Chinese 肺 stands for ‘lungs’.  Its first part is 月 which originally means ‘the Moon’ but here that  indicating something related to human body. (Many Chinese characters concerning the body have such a component. );  市 means 'market or ‘exchange’. Why?  巾 is ‘a towel’. In ancient times the pedlars held up an advertising 'banner' hanging down from 'a horizon stick'.   The whole character 肺 shows that it is an organ acting as market where there is exchanging of gas.

Now I think the English word 'lung' is also as pictographic as its Chinese counterpart.  Its first letter 'l' represents the long wind-pipe of the lungs including the nose at the top for starting; The second one ‘u’ looks like 'air' inside of the alveoli; The third one ‘n’ should be ‘oxygen’; The last one ‘g’ looks like the curved tiny blood vessels around the wall of the alveoli. The oxygen is going to get into the blood stream.  You may also think about it in another way: The shape of ‘g’ looks exactly like that of the red-blood-cell!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-3 09:03:15 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2020-3-2 21:27
Now let me put the Chinese note above into English for foreign friends as following:

Breathing-co ...

About "b.  Hold on breathing for twenty minutes;",  I mean as following:
          "b.  pause breathing and hold on (the state ) for twenty minutes;"

Sorry for my poor English!  You may have got my real meaning from among lines.  Thanks for your patience on  reading of SEARU's writings!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-3 18:00:03 |Display all floors
Some friends might wonder if SEARU's saying is scientific?.  Does the training have negative effect on health?  Now, let me make explaining in this way as the following:
Suppose that you are an athlete swimmer and asked to dive a long distance for competition, during the running period you are allowed to expose the head for fresh-air-breathing above the surface of water but without any movement ahead. How will do you?
Before the starting, you had better take deep breathing for minutes so that you can store oxygen as much as possible for the upcoming hard work.  The word ‘oxygen’ is funny: 'ox-y-gen'! Which gas can make you as strong as an ox!  (That reminds me its brothers hydro-gen and nitro-gen. )  It is easy for you to do nothing on breathing at first (for 20 seconds);  Then go on with the inside gas blowing out of the mouth for half a minute.   ...... (It is said that hero can keep his body under water without oxygen for more than 10 minutes!)  
So all the process is as same as my ‘martial art’ that should certainly be safe in science.

Many professionals can do wonderful job on cooperation with the lungs. For example:Trumpet-player,  who has ex-ordinary large lung volume for a long blowing without stopping; That singer has been ‘shouting’ in high tone for minutes while you can't find out when and how he sucked ‘new’ air for energy during the performance.

Even acting as a farmer, the heavy labour job requires me to do well on breathing. Or I will easily become tired.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.